Chapter 6: Show Me What Love's All About

Mari's POV; Four hours later

"Mari," I heard someone whisper as my shoulder was being shaken, "Time to wake up."

"Go away, Luke," I mumbled into the pillow my face was currently shoved into, making him chuckle.

"Come on, Mar," he said, "I told you I was gonna wake you up for show time. You go on in half an hour."

"That's 25 more minutes of sleep!"

"You still have to get dressed."

"Fine then, 24 minutes," I reasoned, making him laugh a little louder.

"You can have as much more time to sleep as it will take me to carry you to your dressing room," Luke said. Before I could even react to the statement, he was already pulling me out of the bunk.

"Luke!" I squealed as I dropped out of the bunk and into his arms.

"Thought you wanted more sleep," he grinned smugly, making sure he had a firm hold on me before heading back out of the bus.

"You're so annoying," I grumbled but laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes anyway.

"Mhmm," he hummed in acknowledgement, carefully pulling down on the door handle to get into the venue before kicking it back closed with his foot. He did the same with the dressing room door and we were immediately met with the rest of my band.

"How was your nap, Sleeping Beauty?" Vanessa giggled.

"Would have been better if I wasn't woken up," I replied, opening my eyes again.

"Hey, you would have given me the silent treatment for a week if I hadn't woken you up," Luke pouted as he put me down.

"Yeah," Kaylynn snorted softly, "He learned that lesson the hard way in Glasgow." I finally laughed, reaching up to kiss Luke's cheek.

"Thanks, Lukey," I teased. He laughed as well, shoving my shoulder.

"Hurry up and get ready," he said, "You're on in less than 30."

"Okay, Gabrielle!" we said simultaneously, making fun of him for acting like our manager. Luke flipped us off as he left the room, closing the door as we all laughed at him.

~

45 minutes later

"Are you guys still with us?" Kenzie spoke into her microphone, causing the crowd to cheer. "Good!" she grinned, "So I'm sure everyone knows the drill by now: It's time for our 5SOS cover!"

"We thought we'd switch it up a bit tonight, so one of us is going to pick the song!" Kaylynn explained.

"Oh, who's the lucky winner?" Vanessa egged as if we hadn't already decided.

"Mari!" Kenzie cheered, "What song have you picked for us this evening?!"

"Well, Kenzie!" I chirped, "I have picked the song that my four favorite idiots are too scared to do live!"

Kaylynn gasped dramatically, "We're doing every 5SOS song ever?!" The crowd laughed along with us while the boys simply rolled their eyes as they came over to stand at the side of the stage – as they did whenever we began leading into the covers.

"Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of time," I shook my head, "But we do have time for the song that made me fall in love with the band."

"You mean made you fall in love with Calum Hood," she snickered.

"Oh, so that's why she's taking his solo!" Kaylynn smirked. I saw the boys teasingly nudging Calum out of the corner of my eye, making me groan internally – there was no way I'd be able to avoid that comment later.