23: Death and Doom

Professor Trelawney sat in the same chair she always did, the one nearest to the Divination supplies. Around her and stacked in nearly overflowing quantities were crystal balls and cups of tea leaves, though there was more tea on the floor than in the cups. She was trembling. The temperature in the room was fine, cooler than usual. She stared at the open window, thoughtless in the purest of forms. Her mouth opened and she spoke in a voice that was not her own.

"The Eagle is among us. It has brought doom upon. No one is safe. The Aquila morte has appeared at last. It is among us and will not stop until it finds a way to its ends. Death is among us with the Eagle. Death and Doom is certain."

She blinked and shook her head. "Why, I better fill up these teacups..." The professor went off to do that with not a single thought that she had just predicated a prophecy more powerful than ever.

Outside, the chirping of birds was not heard over the sudden gust of wind that had appeared not too long after. The leaves shook violently and fell to the ground, tiny green ovals drifting into the wind to be carried off into the school through open windows. Some of the windows highest opened and closed, on and off again. The inhabitants of the school did not know what to make of it. The professors had given up trying to get their students' attention diverted from the flapping of the windows, and were now too joining in on the window-watching on the windstorm outside. No one knew what to make of it, especially not the person whom had unknowingly predicted it.

Professor Trelawney finished filling the teacups and turned to have a look of her own. "Sure is one storm out there, almost reminds me of an omen..." She shuddered and the usual heat of the room returned. Not a sign of the calmness of the outside stood. It sure was a storm outside. The wind had become a reckless monster of some sort, tearing with the leaves and windows, distracting both the students and professors.

But above it all, the sound of wings flapping was heard. It was almost more terrifying than the wind itself and it was certainly much worse.