•Aftermath•

Cedric's Tattoo up top! Jude's mark is similar too. Enjoy!

Chapter 5•

The sound of my phone vibrating wakes me up. I open my eyes but then I close them, not liking the light coming in from the window. I turn my head and the sight I see kicks me awake. Cedric is laying next to me, his arm under my neck and my head on his rising and falling chest.

Something's different. This warm, almost electric sensation is different from before. Even more intense. Suddenly everything comes back to me. We didn't stop after he marked me. We kept going... I was conscious just not all there. What had happened? Did my wolf take over?

I sit up and touch the tenderness of my neck. Shit. He's not going to like this when he wakes up. How do I know? I just do. His wolf probably took over and I had no clue! Dammit!

I get up from the bed and walk to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and I gasp. What the hell is this? This isn't like other marks. Yes alpha markings are different than normal wolves but this is exceeding the expectations. Normal wolves mark the skin with a barely visible scar that changes depending on the wolf. Alpha marks are almost like a tattoo, it's almost always a wolf or small design of some kind. But this... this is tattoo-like but... the design starts where he bit me, it almost looks like teeth that mark my skin. The teeth are the center and the tattoo spirals out and up my neck to the back of my ear. My brows knit together.

I run out of the bathroom and take a closer look at Cedric's tattoo. It starts on the right side of his chest and goes to his shoulder then down his arm but stops right before his elbow. He got this right after he shifted when he was 16 I think. Why does my mark look like his tattoo?

My phone stops my thinking so I walk around the bed and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Don't hello me! What the hell Jude? I've been calling you since yesterday! You missed the most important shoot of your modeling career! They gave your job to another model that's actually serious about his work. I can't believe you!" I don't reply straight away because I know I fucked up. I grab my clothes from the ground and put them on.

"Look I'm sorry, I was caught up in something."

"That's your excuse with everything! Come into work today if you're serious about this because you're about to loss your job." She hangs up and I sigh. I look over to Cedric and debate whether to wake him up or not. He looks so peaceful. His black hair is growing out. I wonder if he's going to cut it or leave it. I'm tempted to run my finger against the scar on his eyebrow. I never knew how he got it.

Should I stay and talk to him about what happened? He'll probably get angry... but he's the one that did this!

"Why the hell am I arguing with myself?" I whisper. I look back at Cedric, "Cedric wake up." He doesn't even stir.

I look at my phone for the time. I don't have class until the afternoon and it's barely 8:30. "Cedric!" Again nothing. Is he dead?

I walk over to his side and place my hand on his exposed shoulder. The feeling is new to me. Again it's different. I ignore it and gently shake him. He opens his eye and kind of raises his eyebrow. I chuckle at the gesture. Wait I'm not supposed to do that.

"We have to talk." I tell him. He sits up and I think reality hits him too. His piercing eyes land directly onto my neck.

"My wolf took control." He states.

"I figured as much. You wouldn't do this out of your own free will. I don't think things will have to change though. I'll see you next month. By the way thanks to you I lost my job." Not really but he should at least feel some guilt.

I grab my car keys. "No." I give him a questionable glance.

"What do you mean no?"

"I've marked you. It won't be the same as it used to be. The bond is stronger now. We won't be able to stay apart for long." He says calmly.

"I understand but then what are we going to do? Fuck twice a month now? Three times?"

"When I call you come." I roll my eyes at his bluntness.

"Fine but it has to be at night. I've got classes and work."

"You said you got fired."

"Yeah well that's in my future if I keep ditching it for things like this."

My phone vibrates and I check it. Dammit another text from Anna.

Come to work and don't be late. Mr. Boss wants to talk to you. 9:40.

"Time for me to go. Have a good day." I walk to the door and open it. "Oh and try to keep from fucking your whores in the day time, Friday's and Tuesdays. Those are my exam days." Without another word I leave.

This was like making a business deal. I feel like I'm one of his whores.

Once I'm in my car I can't help but beat myself up. I resist the urge to cry because I did this to myself. I've made myself suffer years of this just because I 'love' him.

I always wondered if it was a mistake that we ended up as mates. He's never loved me and honestly I don't think he ever will. It's just something I know. I can tell by the way he looks at me. Aw shit and I didn't get a chance to ask about my mark. Well whatever. I'll ask him later. Anna is probably gonna shit bricks when she sees it.

'You ditched work yesterday to get a fucking tattoo? Why the fuck blah blah blah blah blah.'

I can just imagine her.

I laugh when the memory of Wayne telling me to reject him pops up in my head. I can't anymore but even if I could I wouldn't. I can't find it in me to.

Haha I'm living in my own Unrequited love story. How cliché.

-
Short yeah lol. I think if I want to update super frequently like I've been doing with this book, I'll have to shorten the lengths of the chapters so they won't be as long as the I'm His Pet ones. Hope that's okay?

Who likes Cedric?

Who feels for Jude?(I know I do T-T)

Haha if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a thumps up!