•Enemy•

Chapter 24•

Now that I'm thinking about it... why did she have to make it 2 hours? I swear if this meeting goes on longer than that, someone's going to die. My wolf will make sure of that.

I arrive in Cedric's territory at the same time Wayne does. I know because I can feel his presence. I drive down a long road until I finally get to his pack house. I park my car next to Wayne's.

This is the second time I come here. The first was when he brought me here... hm, numbness.

Wayne was waiting for me in his car. Hopefully not long. It's a minute till 3. "When did you get here?" I ask him. I hold his door open so he can get out.

"Five minutes. Let's go. The others are inside already." I nod and follow behind him.

"Okay, what's this meeting about?"

"Our common enemy. Rogues are teaming up with vampires."

"Are we positive they're teaming up?" Things like these don't happen.

"We have word that the vampires are pulling the strings. Controlling the rogues. Since there are only four alphas in North America, they want to take down each pack."

"The attack last month when you all went to the festival, was it connected to this?"

"We don't know. But there was a recent attack when Aiden and Layla were alone with Maya." My eyes widen.

"What? Why wasn't I told?"

"Peshal was supposed to tell you." I roll my eyes. That's why I didn't hear anything.

We get to Cedric's office and before I open the door for Wayne I hear a voice I'm praying I imagined. I even pause with my hand on the doorknob. If it's really him then why is he here?

"Is there something worth mentioning before we walk in there?" I ask Wayne.

He raises his eyebrow and cocks his head. "No?"

I open the door and everyone in the room turns to us. Alpha Quinn with his beta and Alpha Rodrick with a warrior wolf are standing side to side followed by Cedric seated at his desk and-

"Jude? I can't believe this! You're a werewolf!" Vince screeches.

Numb. Since Anna cast the numbing spell, every day that passes, I feel less and less it seems. At this moment I don't know what I feel. What I should be feeling is numb to non existing.

I smile, looking at Cedric instead of Vince. He looks a bit shocked. Maybe he didn't know I was coming.

"Yeah I am." Vince's smile fades.

"You look different."

"I got a haircut." I answer bluntly.

"Well now that everyone is here, Cedric, can we begin?" Alpha Rodrick asks. He's a tall man with a buff figure. Right now he has a dark blue dress shirt on, tucked into dark blue jeans.

Cedric nods and looks up at Vince. He grins and gives Cedric a kiss on the lips before walking out of the room.

"We had an attack yesterday night. They somehow get through our defenses and managed to get into our pack house before we noticed. We killed two of them and the third one fled." Rodrick begins.

"What do you mean they managed? You're supposed to have wolves on patrol 24/7." I comment. He looks at me and growls, I return it with a glare. He almost looks like he wasn't expecting that.

"We did have wolves on patrol. They didn't sense the rogues. Then after the attack we went to go check and there were no scents to follow. It's as if they didn't even pass through." I frown.