•Memory Lane•

Will be going down memory lane in this chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 14•

"Figure out what was in that bullet!"

"Calm down Cedric. He'll live! He's a fighter, always has been."

"He won't last long."

"He needs to live."

"He will."

.
.
.
.

"This is going to be your new home from now on." The man with the long white beard kneels down and pats my head.

I look at the house and at the people lined up outside of it.

"These people are going to be your new family. These are my son's Wayne and Cedric. And this is my youngest daughter Peshal. Everyone say hi." The oldest and the girl both say hi. The one that's looking at me weird didn't.

"What's your name?" Wayne asks.

I look down at the floor. "Jude." I look up at the old bearded guy. "I want to go home."

"This is your home."

I shake my head. "My real home."

"Your real home is gone."

.
.
.
.

"Jude stop messing around! We have to train!" Peshal whines.

I giggle and run with the paint bucket in my hands. I took it away from the people painting the house.

"Jude!" I look back at her only to bump into Cedric. My eyes widen as the pain, as if in slow motion, drops and spills all on him.

"Sorry!" Cedric growls and walks away. Since I got here he's never once talked to me.

"See what you did! You have to pay attention."

I wanted to tell her I was. I was paying attention. At the boy that I wanted to be with and play with.

.
.
.
.
""Where is he going?" I asked Wayne. He looked at me and pat my head. Just like his pops used to do.

"He's leaving. He wants to walk his own path and unlock his potential."

"Is he going to come back?"

"I hope so Jude. I really do."

.
.
.
.

"Cedric?" I can't help but have my lips parted. Suddenly they've gotten dry. I feel this uncontrollable pull towards him.

"Jude..." he stunned me. The first thing he's ever said to me.

"Cedric are you my mate?" I can't help but smile, showing off my pearly whites.

"Yes I am." I take a step closer to him but he takes one back.

"What's wrong?"

"This wasn't supposed to happen..."

My smile drops, "what are you trying to say? Are you... going to reject me?"