Chapter 10 - Running

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

Chapter 14 - The Bodyguard also posted on Radish today! They say the truth will set you free. Will it set Alex and Isobel free? The cat is out of the bag, guys! I repeat, the cat is out of the bag! HAHAHA. 

If you want to read more chapters, please head over to Radish. Thanks to everyone who's buying chapters! I really appreciate it. :)

CHAPTER 10- RUNNING

Ten Years Ago
Isobel's Condo
Cambridge, Massachusetts

-❈-

They were heavily bundled, lying on a large blanket and watching the stars.

Isobel's head was on Alex's shoulder and his arms were wrapped around her as though he never wanted to let her go. "Are you happy?" Alex asked Isobel. She snorted. "Of course, I am. Never been happier all my life than I am now," she replied.

Alex brushed a stray strand of hair away from her face. Slowly, he leaned forward and captured her lips with his. It was a kiss unlike any other they shared before. Now, it was slow and sweet—as though Alex just wanted to savour the moment.

"Tell me again of your plans for the future, Alex," Isobel asked. Alex sighed. He's told her this a hundred times. But she wished to hear it again and for her, he'll do anything.

"I'll get a job as Nikos' head of security. He's been offering me the position for several years now. Then, when I am financially secure... I'll buy you the largest diamond ring I can find. Then we'll get married in a small church with only a handful of people so it will be more intimate. After that, I want a house filled with children. No less than five. We'll work, raise our family and when our children are grown, we'll travel the world. Then, we'll grow old and grey together," Alex said in a tender tone.

"Sounds like a plan to me," Isobel said with a smile. "Forever, Alex?" she whispered.

"Forever..." he agreed.

-❈-

January 8, 2014 (0300 hours)
Police Station
Athens, Greece

"We've received reports that three hours earlier, there has been an attempt on the life of Ms. Isobel Clayton, daughter of the President of the United States. She attended the grand celebration of the 100-year anniversary of Andrade-Demakis Corporation in Athens, Greece and this was where the attempt on her life was made. Miss Clayton is unharmed but one of her bodyguards is gravely wounded..."

The news channel droned on and on but Isobel barely heard the words. Her phone also kept on ringing but she ignored it. Instead, she looked at the bland walls of the hospital and kept on praying.