Chapter 8- Can't Stay Away (Part 2)

***PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 8 - CAN'T STAY AWAY (PART 2)

January 8, 2014
Police Station
Athens, Greece

"You're free," the burly police man told Alex as the bars to his cage swung open. He smirked and the police man glared. Alex knew from the start that he wasn't going to be kept here long. First of all, his friends Antonio and Nikos can bail him out a million times over.

If that didn't work then he could call on all the people who owed him debts. He wouldn't ask for their money but would use their connections to gain himself freedom. But it didn't come to that point. His friends were already here and he stayed in the cell for less than an hour.

The Senator could call on everyone he knew to try and make sure that he would be imprisoned for life—but Alex knew that he had more connections than that lowly US senator.

"You haven't changed at all, Alex. Always the one picking fights," Antonio told him as his handcuffs were removed. Alex rolled his eyes. It was a known fact that between the three of them, it was Nikos who picked fights but it was Alex who finished them.

"Senator James isn't going to be happy with this, Alex. He's going to want your head on a spike," Nikos commented.

"Let him try and get it from me, then," Alex replied in an arrogant tone.

Once he was cleared, the three of them walked out of the police station and into the waiting car. Elise and Cassia were waiting inside the vehicle. They had huge smiles on their faces as Alex entered. The looks on their faces made him feel damned satisfied and smug.

Antonio placed the car into gear and they sped off the small, busy roads of Athens.

"Did you see the look on his face? It was priceless. I hope they caught it on cam and post it on Youtube!" Alex shouted.

"Alex--" Nikos hissed.

Alex noted Nikos' stern tone. But right now, he didn't care. Adrenaline still pumped through his veins and he was still feeling exhilarated after what happened to the Senator.

"Priceless, I tell you. Then after I dunked him in the fruit bowl he told me: 'Have mercy! Release me, please! I beg you'," Alex repeated the Senator's words in a high sing-song voice.

This time, Nikos couldn't help it and he grinned. Antonio shook his head and shrugged as if he didn't know what to do anymore.

"You got him good, tiger," Antonio said. Then, all stress forgotten, the three men roared with laughter while the two women looked at them with confusion.

Elise waved her hand when Cassia shook her head and sighed "Boys will always be boys," Elise commented.

The three men laughed and their wives rolled their eyes.

"Let's recap everything that happened over drinks at the mansion. I'll open one of my finest bottles of Scotch," Antonio said. "I'm in," Nikos replied quickly.

"I'd love to but I can't. Head of security, remember? I still have to go back to the venue and do another sweep on everything. But I'll follow you guys home as soon as I can," Alex groaned.

"What? Can't you take a day off?" Antonio hissed.

"Not on this one. We're not all billionaires here," Alex commented.