Chapter 6- No One Else (Part 2)

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

This story is also posted on Radish! If you want to read more advanced chapters, head over to Radish!

CHAPTER 6 - NO ONE ELSE (PART 2)

January 8, 2014

The Nostos Hotel

Athens, Greece

Isobel applied her rose-colored lipstick and moved back to admire herself in the tall, gilded mirror. Today was a different day for her. Usually, she'd go out wearing make-up to disguise her identity. Now, she wore make-up to accentuate her features.

She placed a fine coat of foundation over her face. Just a little was necessary because her skin was already inherently smooth. Her skin now looked flushed instead of being pale because she applied some blush. She also placed dark gray eye shadow over her eyelids and topped it off with black eye liner. This brought out the color of her blue eyes and made them look more luminous.

Isobel straightened herself to her full height and moved back a couple of steps so she could see her whole body in the mirror. She wore an ocean-blue sleeveless gown. Its dark color was a great contrast to her pale skin. The bodice was fitted and silver beads and Swarovski crystals were sewn all over it. It showed off a lot of her cleavage. She felt self-conscious with wearing it at first but she fell in love with the design and to hell with her inhibitions. She smoothed the tiny creases on the skirt. It was simple and fell gracefully towards the floor.

For her accessories, she wore a simple diamond necklace. The bodice of her gown was eye-catching enough. She wore her diamond-studded watch, a gift from her father for her 25th birthday and a sapphire-studded platinum bracelet.

Her hair was swept up in a knot atop her head but several strands were left loose to curl around her face and her nape. Isobel smiled. She looked beautiful tonight and she was sure she'd have a great time. Tonight, she'd see one of her best friends again—Cassia Andrade-Demakis. For her, Cassia was the best fashion designer in the world. The gown that she was wearing was one of Cassia's creations. Cassia designed a gown for her several years ago and that was how their friendship started.

Before Christmas, Cassia along with her other friends met-up and Cassia told them all about her husband, Nikos Demakis. She never knew that her friend was married. Cassia kept it a secret for ten years and they never lived together. But they were working on their marriage now. Last time they met, they encouraged Cassia to take a leap of faith and give her relationship with her husband another chance.

Now, Isobel couldn't wait to hear the latest scoop on Cassia and her Greek billionaire.

Isobel grabbed the bottle of her expensive perfume and dabbed some on her wrists and her neck. She retrieved her small, sequined purse and slipped her feet into her stilettos. She was almost out the door when her phone rang.

Isobel scowled when she saw who was calling.

"Hi, Dad!" she greeted, trying her best to sound cheerful. Deep inside, she was already dreading the reason for her father's call. He never called just to catch up or to simply chat with her. More often than not, the reason he called was to control her life yet again.

"Hey, darling," George Clayton, president of the United States, drawled. There was a pause as Isobel waited for her father to get to the point. He didn't have a lot of time to waste since he was one of the most powerful men in the world.