Chapter 5- Addicted To You (Part 1)

***PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!***

To everyone who's buying chapters on the Radish app... Thank you! You guys are awesome. <3

Ten Years Ago
Harvard University
Cambridge, Massachusetts

-❈-

Isobel made a mistake. A huge, colossal mistake that embarrassed her to her very core. Because of that, she was now off to make amends. She looked around her. She was at the nearest bar on campus and it was packed full with students who just wanted to have fun on a Friday night. A lot of curious glances were thrown at her and several jocks raised their beers and beckoned her over.

She shook her head with a sad smile. Tonight, she was looking for only one particular guy—Alex Smith. No, not to slap him like she did at the bonfire. Tonight, she was here to apologize at how she behaved.

She spotted him at a bar with his friends. They were chugging down beers like there was no tomorrow while laughing boisterously. Several female eyes glanced their way and Isobel rolled her eyes. They were interested because this particular set of friends had it all. They were rich, famous and toe-curlingly handsome.

She made their way through them and when she only had a few more steps to go, Alex turned his head. Their eyes met across the crowded bar and the corner of his lips turned up in a smile. He whispered something to his friends before he slid off the bar stool and went to her.

"Hi," she whispered tentatively. "I'm sorry about slapping you." Alex's smile widened. "Then you should apologize twice because I remembered feeling your palm on my cheek—twice," he teased. Isobel flinched and blushed to the roots of her hair.

"I'm so sorry about that. I'm here to make amends. Can I buy you a drink?" she asked. Alex shook his head and Isobel wished for the floor to open up and swallow her whole.

"Since you slapped my cheek, you should kiss it. You know, to make it feel all better. Then maybe, I can forgive you," Alex replied with a teasing smile.

-❈-