Chapter 11- Protecting You

***Hi! Am back to updating all my stories on Wattpad. Posting the advanced chapters that were on Radish before while I try to catch up and write the next ones. Thanks for all your support and patience!***

If you love my works, please buy me coffee? Haha. It's like a donate thing to support writers but they call it coffee. This will be so appreciated since I'm thinking of not updating on paid platforms anymore. Buying me coffee is your choice and only if you want to! The payment method they use is Paypal and it's 3 USD.

You can buy me coffee at http://ko-fi.com/aerithsage

Thank you so much!

Chapter 11 - Protecting You

January 25, 2014

Antoniou Winery

Santorini, Greece

Alex sighed as he leaned against the balcony railings while staring off into the sunset.

He lifted his drink to his lips and looked at the sea that was several feet below him. He was in Santorini and it was beautiful. He felt so relaxed here and it was as if all the worries in the world were gone.

He came here in all haste because Cassia, Nikos' wife, said that it was an emergency. The two has just been through a terrible ordeal. They were kidnapped but managed to escape the island. It was Alex and his team who rescued them. Now, Alex thought that something happened to Nikos again. It turned out that his wife just had plans to surprise him.

Ahh. Love.

Alex rolled his eyes.

Whatever.

Even if his views about love is bitter and skewed, he was genuinely happy that Nikos was now happy with Cassia. Who knew that a billionaire playboy like Nikos could ever fall in love with settle down?

Would he ever find something like that for himself?

Alex finished his drink and placed the bottle down on the nearby table. He went inside to get one more bottle before the festivities started.

It turns out that Cassia's request for him to be here was because of a party. She's carrying Nikos' baby and she wanted to surprise him today by telling him. And so him, Antonio and some other friends are gathered here waiting for the surprise.

If this was any other person, Alex would have been pissed enough to shoot someone for wasting his time. He would have said 'fuck this shit' and got on the next flight to get away from Greece and start another mercenary adventure somewhere.

But there was no immediate job that required his attention. Besides, they just finished a mission and him and the boys deserved some R & R.

"Alex!" Antonio greeted. He walked towards the balcony where Alex leaned and handed him another bottle of beer.

Alex turned around and smiled at his friend. The last time he saw Antonio was at the party in which he assaulted a Senator of the United States.

"How have you been?" his friend asked.

Alex inclined his head to the left. "Good. Been travelling again," he replied. That was all he could say. Though his friends knew what he did for a living, he didn't really go around telling everyone the little details.

"Is Elise here? Where's your son?"

Antonio shook his head. "We left him in Spain. I thought there was another emergency and I didn't want to bring him along."