Chapter 3- To See You Again

***POSTED HERE ON WATTPAD IS UNTIL CHAPTER 3 ONLY. YOU CAN READ THE FULL VERSION ON RADISH FICTION. 

IF YOU WANT TO READ ALL THE CHAPTERS NOW, YOU CAN PAY A SMALL AMOUNT FOR IT OR WAIT TO READ IT FOR FREE. APP IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ALREADY IN IOS.***

Chapter 3 - To See You Again

Ten Years Ago
Harvard University
Cambridge, Massachusetts

-❈-

She was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

Perfect brown hair, beautiful blue eyes and the most heart-capturing smile he's ever seen. Alex knew he wasn't drunk this night... yet. Still, she's a vision to him. Like an angel sent to torment the most patient of men.

He's never been this mesmerized by any girl. Yes, he's seen a lot of beautiful women out there and dated most of them. But something about her says that she wasn't like the women he dated. She was so much more. Alex shook his head at the poetic words brought about by a moment of insanity. He looked at the drink he cradled in his hand and downed it in one gulp. The scotch trailed a path of fire down his throat and warmed his insides.

Yep, alcohol to give him courage for he decided he'd talk to her after staring at her for most of the time he spent on this bonfire event held in his university. Alex stood up and crossed the crowded area filled with couples dancing to the loud, upbeat music.

He smiled. Later tonight, he was sure he'd dance with her—his angel.

Slowly, he made his way towards her. Her eyes were on him the whole time and there was a fierce expression in those eyes as she stared at him.

"Hi," he greeted. She didn't reply but tilted her chin upwards to acknowledge his presence. "My name's Alex Smith," he introduced. This time, she smiled and his heart skipped a beat.

"Oh it's you," she hissed. "What?" he asked with a frown as he saw the murderous gaze she threw him. Truly, if a single look could kill, he'd be dead by now. He wasn't prepared for the next set of events. He never even imagined his night would suddenly go wrong like this.

She raised her perfectly manicured hand and swung it with as much force as she could. It connected with his right cheek and the force of the slap made his eyes water and his cheek sting.

"That's for breaking my friend's heart, you asshole!" she screamed before she stomped away. She threw him one last look and he saw the satisfied glint in her eyes.

-❈-

December 30, 2013, 1500 hours
The Ritz-Carlton
Washington, D.C.

Alex smiled as he recalled that particular memory. Instinctively, he raised his hand to touch his cheek because even when so much time has passed, he still remembered how much her slap hurt.

The next time he saw her, he approached her to ask which friend she slapped him for. It was actually an innocent question. He's dated so many girls and broken so many hearts. But Isobel took it the wrong way and it earned him another slap.

The third time he saw her, he wore his football helmet.

Alex laughed as memories washed over him. He shook his head and stopped when he saw several people stare at him like he was crazy. Maybe they were actually right. Alex lowered his hand and glanced at his watch. He was really behind schedule.