Chapter Eighteen: Forgive and Forget

Piper Belle-Harwood.

Forgive and Forget

.Nine Years Ago.

"Ryder, please explain to me why you're keying Dave's car," Zoe begged, frowning at the deplorable sight in front of her.

"Because he told the principal that I set the trashcan in the bathroom on fire," Ryder snapped.

"...But you did set it on fire. And this happened a month ago." Zoe responded.

Ryder looked up from the car and sent Zoe a withering look.

"Yeah, and?"

I snickered a bit and Zoe turned to Alex with a pleading look on her face.

"Can you please do something about this? We're only freshmen! Dave's a junior! We're all going to be expelled before we even make it through our first semester!"

Alex sighed.

"Zoe, you know there's nothing I can do..."

"Piper?" Zoe asked, hopefully.

I shrugged.

"It's Ryder's decision. Relax, Zoe –we won't get into trouble because we're not doing anything."

"But, Piper-"

"Don't waste your breath, Zoe...you know no one can hold a grudge like these two can," Alex interrupted.

I laughed a bit and nodded in agreement.

"Forgiving and forgetting isn't really our style..." I added. "So don't ever do something super awful to me, Zoe!" I joked. "Because I may just never forgive you for it!"

xx

xx

.Present Day.

xx

xx

Fleur and I were cuddled up in my bed, the room dark and filled with silence, when someone knocked at my bedroom door.

Fleur and I looked over to the door and saw Odette peaking in, her eyes momentarily taking in the closed curtains and the resounding darkness before she flipped on the light switch.

Both Fleur and I groaned and turned into our pillows, our eyes not quite ready to adjust to the light just yet.

"Someone's here to see you, Piper."

I groaned into the pillow again.

"Tell them to go away," I mumbled.

The door shut and I rested with my head in the pillow in silence, debating whether or not to get up and turn out my bedroom light when a female voice spoke up.

"I really think I should talk to you."

My eyes widened into the pillow and I sat up and turned around, taking in the strawberry blonde who stood in the center of my bedroom, fidgeting nervously.

"Victoria? What're you doing here?"

Beside me, Fleur continued to lay down, somewhat giving Victoria and I a bit of privacy.

"I...I heard what happened." Tears instantly prickled at the back of my eyes and I turned to look at the comforter so I could discreetly wipe some away. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Piper."