Chapter Five: Define Love

Piper Belle-Harwood.

Define Love

.Two weeks ago.

"Oh, hi Michael." I was still rubbing the sleep from my eyes when I swung open my apartment door. The blond nodded, his eyes boring steadily into mine. I blinked and looked away. "Fleur ran to the grocery store or something," I spoke, trying to remember what she had told me when she briefly shook me awake earlier this morning. "But she should be back soon. I'll have her ring you when she's-"

"It might be easier if I just waited for her here," he interrupted. His voice was steady and gruff.

I lifted my eyes to him once more and tried to find a way to politely tell him to fuck off. Unfortunately, my mind was still rather tired and fuzzy and this was turning out to be a harder task than it normally was.

"I...listen, I really don't think that's such a good idea."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Why not? You said yourself that she'd be back soon. It shouldn't be a problem for me to just wait here for her." And then he proceeded to push me aside, my own 123 pounds giving me no leverage in the situation.

I sighed and closed the door behind us, grumbling incoherently the whole time.

I imagined Michael had gone straight into Fleur's bedroom so I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cabinet. I pulled a carton of orange juice from the refrigerator and poured myself a glass before I pulled a croissant from its container on the counter.

When I turned back around, I found Michael standing at the kitchen doorway, his eyes trailing my every move.

When did he get there? And why was he always staring at me?

"Can you not be such a creeper?" I asked, trying to keep my tone light. He didn't respond so I rolled my eyes. "Alright, I'm heading to my room. You can wait in here...help yourself to whatever." I squeezed past him in the doorway and quickly went into my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

I yawned and placed my orange juice and croissant on my bedside table, eyeing my bed with desire in my eyes.

I had spent the past few days shooting a fragrance ad for Chanel in Venice and had only arrived in the city around three this morning, so I was still understandably jetlagged.

However, I refused to allow myself to sleep another wink until Fleur returned home. Something about Michael rubbed me the wrong way I loathed the idea of being alone with the man.

I heard my door swing open and turned, assuming it was Fleur, surprised that she was already back.

Instead, Michael stood with dark eyes and a hard face as he stared at me, his hand still on the doorknob.

"What do you want?" I demanded and my eyes widened as he briskly walked towards me. I instantly started to run but there wasn't really anywhere I could go and I yelled when he easily caught me by the hair. I started to scream. "What are you doi-"

My eyes widened, horrified, as he roughly pressed his lips against mine.

"Shut. Up." He hissed against them before throwing me to the floor.

xx

xx

.Present Day.

xx

xx

"Celine. Lucille. Move out of my way."