Chapter Fifteen: Move On

Piper Belle-Harwood.

Move On

.Six Years Ago.

Alex refused to meet my gaze as he paced in front of me.

He had shown up at my dorm a few minutes ago, much to my and Fleur’s surprise, but by the green coloring his face seemed to be sporting and the fact that he’s said less then twenty words to me since his arrival, I believe I have reason to be more than a little concerned.

Was it Ryder? Did the two of them have another explosive fight over Ryder’s secretive drug habits? Drug habits that he still continued to hide from Fleur?

Was it Zoe? Was she in some sort of trouble? Was she falling behind in her studies again?

Was it Alex, himself? Is his future in football now in jeopardy for some reason? Playing professional football is all he’s ever wanted but did he somehow screw up his chances?

“Alex,” I spoke as I sat on my bed, watching him walk back and forth. “What on Earth is going on?”

Alex stopped walking and looked at the wall as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Piper, I…fuck, I guess I should just say it. I just…it’s hard for me to say aloud…it’s going to change everything. Fuck, everything has already changed. Everyone is involved. All of us.”

I frowned.

“Alex, I’m sure whatever’s happened, the five of us will get through it together.”

Alex flinched at my words and turned to face me with a shake of his head.

“You’re wrong. This is going to break all of us apart.”

“I’m sure you’re over exaggera-”

“I cheated on you, Piper.”

I swear I almost fell off my bed and my throat constricted and my grey eyes widened in shock.

Did he just say…

“Excuse me?” I muttered, lowly.

Alex looked distressed as he shook his head and sat on the bed across from me –Fleur’s bed.

“I slept with someone else during the beginning of fall term.”

My eye twitched as my breathing seemed to pick up.

I should have been upset but the emotion that hit me first was anger.

Was he fucking kidding me?

“What the hell, Alex? You cheated on me? With who?” Then another thought hit me. “Oh my God, did Ryder and Zoe know?” My voice cracked halfway through the sentence. Would all of my best friends keep this from me? No, there’s no way-

“Ryder walked in on us.”

I swallowed back the bile that threatened to make it’s way up and felt my world started to crack around me.

Ryder Rustin? My best friend since Fleur and I first started school? Sure, he and I had a seemingly weak and tedious friendship; however, it was really anything but.

I knew that Ryder would honestly go to the ends of the Earth for me, so why would he keep this a secret?

My eyes widened as another thought hit me.