Chapter 50: Prisoner

How in the hell did I let myself get overrun? Abraham thought to himself as he sat in his prison cell. His hands here bound behind him by a pair of silver shackles. The only sounds that he could hear was his own heart beating in his ears and the occasional shifting from the guards. The cell was cold and damp, with the presence of dread surrounding him. He was isolated from the other prisoners, with the only light that shone was from a blue torch perched on the stone wall. Two guards stood underneath it, armed with spears and a rifle strapped to their back. He looked to the guards, the fire from the lanterns reflecting from their helmets was blinding. "Hey. Don't I at least have a final request, considering you'll most likely kill my ass?"

"You'll be lucky if you have the luxury of death," the female guard said. "From what you've done, you'll most likely have a Limiter placed on you."

"Limiter? The hell's a Limiter?"

"A Limiter is an orb that restricts you from using your elemancy. We're going to inject it into your magic point, which for you will be the crown of your head, which will take away your ability to manipulate your elemancy. The process is excruciatingly long, and will be just as painful throughout the entire process. Even if you do survive that, you wouldn't want to live for long. You'll be nothing but a hollow warrior without a sword." The tall and burly guard turned to him, a sadistic grin on his face. "You'll want to take your own life day after day. However, you'll still be down here, suffering in your own self-pity and waste. You may not know it, but you killed my fiancée during your little escapade. No, death would be too good for the likes of you."

Abraham sneered as he stood up. "Damn. If she was marrying an ugly mug like you, I gave her a blessing." The guard bared his teeth before he jabbed the spear's shaft through the bars, into his chest. Whatever the shackles were made of, they seemed to take away his elemancy. Abraham fell to the ground, coughing from the blow and the dust. The other guard stood in front of the man, stopping him from lunging on Abraham. "You're a mighty man when you attack a bound man. You'd better be glad I'm bound behind these bars, otherwise I'd kill your ass."

"Enough. Both of you," the female guard said as she forced the man back. "Just sit there and be quiet until your trial date."

"You. Stop right there," the man said, holding his spear in front of him. The woman turned on a dime, holding her spear out.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I was just told that my brother was imprisoned here." Abraham's heart lurched at the young boy's voice. He couldn't help but to crack a smile. Aggaron was finally here.

"Sorry, kid, but this prisoner doesn't have any visitation rights," the female guard said.

"Oh? Such a shame. It looks like I'll have to do this the hard way, then." A black wall of flame engulfed the guards. Their screams filled the stale air before both bodies crumpled to the ground. "If you'd excuse me," Aggaron said as he hovered over the two. He grinned once he saw Abraham. "You've got yourself in some predicament, huh. Fortunately for you, I have a job for you. Of course, you can choose to stay in here, but I'd hate to see what they'd do to you if they see those bodies."

"If you're trying to persuade me, you're wasting your breath. Just tell me what you need me to do, and I'll get it done for you in a heartbeat."

"I knew that there was a reason I hired you. I'll give you one more chance to capture the King. You should be honored. I rarely give people second chances."

"Do I still have the Edge Walkers to control?"

Aggaron extended his hand, holding the silver battle mask. "Of course, you do."

"What are you two doing here?" Megumi asked after swallowing a spoonful of curry. "Aren't you two supposed to be in class?" She put on a mischievous look as she asked, "You two aren't skipping to have a make out sess, are you?"