Time Will Tell - Part 22

Colin waited patiently while Libby played maid to Giselle after arriving back at the hotel from the ball. Then Libby gathered up the necessary items and he ushered her into his suite. Now that he had her to himself, he intended to take his time and fully savor their night together. Slowly he undressed her. As her garments fell to the floor one by one, he kissed and caressed each exposed area.

Once Libby was naked, Colin quickly dispensed of his own clothing. He began gently rubbing her foot, following the action with kisses. The sensation caused her to giggle. He did it again and drew the same response.

“I love the sound of your laughter,” he said, adding another kiss.

She stroked his sides with a soft caress, an area that the minx knew was sensitive. Colin flinched and glanced at her. Both erupted into gales of laughter and fell back on the pillows laughing.

Their laughter died down and all teasing ceased.

Colin caught Libby’s head in his hands. He lost himself in her light green eyes and said in a fervent voice, “I love you, Elizabeth.” He kissed her once. Twice. Three times, before adding, “Your love has given me so much happiness in the short time I’ve known you. I never knew I could feel so alive.”

Their lips reconnected for a soul-searching kiss that went on forever. Colin wondered if he would crave her kisses if he had ten years to spend with her or a lifetime, rather than the short while they were given?

Her hands slid up and down his body. Her tender touch made him yearn to hold her and never let go.

“Oh, Libby, you’re my light,” he whispered. “My world will darken when you leave.”

Pain swept into her eyes before she closed them. When she opened them again, they were rimmed with moisture.

“It unmans me to see your tears. I’m sorry, Libby. I don’t mean to make you cry.” He kissed her face, tasting the salty drops. The action, meant to comfort, soon changed to need—the need to be closer together, to be joined as one. Colin smiled as his erection grew. “See what you do to me. If I had a lifetime with you, I’d never have my fill,” he murmured before pressing into her and feeling like he’d come home.

Afterward, Libby fell asleep while he held her close, unwilling to relinquish his hold. He stared into the dark room with a heavy heart.

As dawn crept into the horizon, Colin hugged her closer. The movement was enough to wake her. She opened her eyes and the affection lurking there drew him like manna draws a starving man. He shouldn’t want her after last night, but that didn’t seem to matter. Coherent thought vanished the second he entered her warmth and didn’t return until long after they’d both skyrocketed into pleasure.

She stretched, giving him a sultry look that only added to his desire to keep her close. “I’m feeling very replete and boneless,” she purred. “I relished being in your arms the entire night. I could stay this way forever.”

Colin sighed and kissed her forehead before making himself comfortable beside her. The love he felt for her was near to bursting in his heart. Libby might not be considered a classic beauty, but she was the most beautiful woman he’d ever known. Her beauty came from within, from her soul. Her presence shed light on all of those around her, especially on him. All night he’d lain awake with an ache in his heart thinking about how dark his life would be without her. No longer content to let her leave without giving her his name, he needed her vows. He brought up the only subject he could think of that would get her to agree to such a thing.

“Libby, I’ve been thinking.” He picked up her hand and kissed it. “What if you’re with child?”

“I doubt that I am,” she said, dismissing his concerns with a warm smile.