Chapter 11

The song on the side is AMAZING and also fits with Than and Callie a little

_ _ _

Callie

I had been avoiding Leo intensely for the past few days so I didn’t quite understand how I got stuck in this position.

Leo had cornered me into one of the many dead ends of our hallways he pulled out a chunk of paper and looked me in the eyes before starting to read what was written on it.

"Callie my mate

Who I wish to have as my date,

To a place known as eternity,

Filled with life,

And soon to be my wife,

Callie's is the love for me"

I raised an eyebrow at his not very planned out attempt at poetry.

"Is that all you got Leo? That was kind of cheesy and pathetic. I don't want you as a mate, you bullied me and I definitely will NEVER be your wife!" I started out soft and calm but near the end I was practically screaming at him.

He looked kind of sad at what I said which almost make me take back what I said to him. Almost. But he deserved it.

"Callie, just hear me out and if you don't want to then at least listen to the poems that I wrote for you."

I sighed, I have a feeling that if I let him say what it was that he wants to say that then he will leave me alone. "Fine."

Leo smiles and then flips maniacally through his paper until he finds the one he was looking for.

"This poem is called wolf . . ."

Oh-Goodness Kill me now. . .

"I am the world's greatest hunter,

One that prey naturally fears,

From a mile away they blunter,

But my ears, they do not fail to hear.

My paws in the mid winter,

So swift they do not leave a sound,

In the fall I'm the fastest of hunters,

Upon the red crackling ground

Though hunters continue to chase me,

My ancestors, will not be let down,

I will thrive 'till the very last treaty,

At which I will still be renown."

And the point of that was? 

"Look Leo, I have listened to your poem now can I go?"

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!" Leo yelled waving his hands frantically.

“Fine, then what else do you want Leo? I am trying to be patient with you but you are making things impossible!” I all but screamed at him.

He looked hurt, but quickly defended himself, “Callie, I am the one trying to be patient with you! I was stupid for doing what I did, I know that and you have reminded me of that more than enough. Please, I am trying to make it up to you but you are making it so hard for me.” If you looked close enough, you would be able to be that Leo was tearing up in his eyes. “Callie please give me a chance, I know I made mistakes and I obviously didn’t think this through but I was trying to protect you. Do you know how devastated I was when I thought that you – my mate – were a human? Do you know how I felt when I thought that my only options were to push you away and love you from a distance or to love you then have you taken away by the death that is sure to have come if I had brought you in to the werewolf world? How I felt when all of a sudden you disappeared? I searched everywhere for you and all I came across was some other mutt’s scent.”

I don’t know how he did it but his voice continued to remain soft throughout his whole rant.

I know I was being hard on him, it hurt me deep inside too whenever I yelled at him but I couldn’t let it show, no, I wouldn’t let it show. The person that I had went to visit a few days ago out of pure desperation had turned out to be one of my best moves in the revenge career. After merely an hour we had a perfect plan A along with a plan for the other 25 letters in the alphabet. We were ready to get back at my sad excuse of a mate, Leo.

“That mutt,” I spat, “Is my brother thank you very much!”

His eyes widened slightly and he brushed his hand through his hair while turning his head to look over my shoulders and to the empty corridor behind me.

He didn’t say anything, just continued to stare into the distance so I took that as my cue to end the conversation and leave.

I quickly looked at Leo one more time to see if he moved at all but he was still in the exact same pose. I turned around and began to leave down the hallway when I stopped.

There was ten men, a mix between my pack’s army and Leo's, all standing at the end of the hallway dressed in their full gear and weapons. They all looked the exact same except for the fact that some faces were familiar to me and some were not. Normally you can tell the royal army apart from any others because of their special attire. Normal armies wears normal gear or enhanced lightweight gear that stretches so that they came move freely and can shift in to their wolf form with no problem. But the royal army has a special gear that is super lightweight, it morphs perfectly onto your body and when your shift into your wolf, it feels like you are shifting naked because the fabric feels so free. The best part of it all though, is that unlike everyone else that when they switch back into their human form and are naked, the royal army’s suits appear back onto their bodies.

Oh, also the fact that the material used is impenetrable.

“Callie,” Dexter said while stepping away from the rest of the guys that were at the end of the hallway.

“Yeah?” I replied trying to cover up the blush that came when realizing that Dex and the other fighters probably heard at least the end of Leo and I’s ‘peaceful’ conversation.

“Queen Emmaline needs you in her office. Devin is already waiting with her. Leo you are needed as well.”

From the corner of my eyes I saw Leo nod his head.

Dexter turned to walk back to the other fighters but I grabbed his hand at the last minute, making him turn around to face me once again.

“What’s going on? What happened?” I asked simply but it was undeniable that worry and the slightest hint of fear.

Dexter took a deep breath, “We are under attack. It’s Than.”

_ _ _ _

*Edited by my year old puppy named Jasper. Co-Edited by Mr. Mustachio :{)

My uploads may be a tad awkward for the month of January because of all the evaluations and extra classes and practicing for an audition I have. But after this month it should be normal again.

P.S. Be prepared for the next chapter . . . let's just say that something happens with Leo and Callie.