Gossip

Danica's POV:

Monday.

I was at school and I was being reckless and irresponsible. Despite the fact that I'm still not talking to Eric, I felt incomplete.

It was a lot to take in.

It was second period, I missed first. My mom dropped me off at school before school starts but once she left, I ended up ditching and just walked to a Starbucks nearby.

I haven't even walked in second period yet, I was still in a bathroom stall at school. That's when all of a sudden, two girls barged in the restroom.

They stood by the sink and whispered to each other. I couldn't hear a word they said, that's until they started to exclaim.

"Yes! She's getting out of control." One said.

"And then all of a sudden she could afford a brand new Jaguar? For crying out loud— she could barely afford her education." The other said. Her voice was so familiar that I could almost pinpoint who it was. . . that's when I realized— it was Abby.

I nearly gasped.

"She probably got the money from all her slutting." The other snickered.

"Rumor has it, she's dating a guy who isn't even in high school! I mean, who would want to go out with that? She's pretty pathetic if you really get to know her." Abby laughed with her other friend.

Them knowing about Eric shocked me because I've never mentioned him to anyone.

"Have you seen the dudes car? And his house? She's obviously just with him for the money. She had to find some way to pay her schooling, and selling herself off really doesn't surprise me." The other muttered.

Abby scoffed, "I sure as hell didn't expect anything good to come from her. The girl is such a brainwasher, she has everyone under her little spell."

I felt a hot tear fall from my cheek and onto the dirty, tile floor. I covered my mouth holding it from a mourn.

I tried so hard to contain myself, how could someone be so rude and show no respect? I was so tired of Abby. There was lines that you shouldn't cross when talking about people— and she clearly went overboard. I felt the heat scorch in the pit of my stomach. She's not getting away with this.

I wiped my eyes dry, and took a deep breath in which I heard shake. At the moment, I couldn't tell if I was more mad or hurt, but all I knew was that I hated Abby. And I wasn't going to stand here and take all her hits.

"Well anyway, let's talk at lunch, bye." Abby cheerfully said as both of them left the bathroom. I heard their footsteps prance away and by the time I barged out the stall, they were gone.

I groaned in frustration and finally allowed myself to cry. I couldn't bottle it in anymore, but after a good ten minutes of tears, I began to trudge toward the door.

I swung the door open and as soon as I did someone ran into me.

Literally.

We both fell to the floor and the person spoke rubbing their head, "Ow."

I glanced at the person and I felt my insides writhe.