Invasion

The flight home was awkward. We both sat in our seats beside each other in complete silence.

Neither one of us dared glance at each other, let alone talk.

After what seemed like forever, we arrived home after a long day of travel and quietness.

I got in my Jag and barreled down the roads till I got home. Mom was ecstatic seeing me, and so was I.

I then took a long, soothing shower and slept like a baby.

***

It was Monday, which meant school. For some reason, I was in a good mood.

I drove to school happy as can be and ended up being early for once. I walked to my first period and waited for the bell to ring.

As it did, students began to flood in.

"Good morning class, we're going to be doing a group presentation this week on the novel we recently finished." our teacher spoke with commotion.

I used to love presenting because I loved the attention, but now I prefer not to be in the spotlight. Primarily because I already know I'm getting negatively judged by my peers.

"I have assigned your groups on this paper," he held up a sheet and taped it on the board, "Please come take a look and begin making your presentation."

Everyone sort of just bolted up to see their new group, including me.

I nearly choked when I seen that I got the person I loathe the most.

Abby.

I silently walked over to the teachers desk, "Can I please have another group? I cannot be in-"

Before I could even finish, he abruptly cut me off, "Your groups are assigned. That's final."

Unbelievable.

As I walked to the group, Abby stared at me with vicious eyes. Without hesitation, I gave them back to her.

Sitting down was uncomfortable. I felt Abby's eyes glued on me.

She sat beside me facing the right side of my body.

She leaned in closer to me with an evil grimace, "I'm impressed by your man-hunk. But, I'm also confused as to why he'd date someone like you?"

I scoffed at her idiocy.

Her face twisted into a sneer, "He should be with someone like me. Someone who is actually worth his time. I mean just look at you, you're so not his type and never will be because you're- "

My furious, trembling body stood up with a thick book in my hand and slammed it across her smug face, "Get over yourself."

Her jaw dropped in astonishment and I stormed out the classroom.

***

I ended up getting suspended two days, which lead to me getting grounded, and then complete isolation and boredom.

It was the second day of my suspension, and I was driving insane.

I had my car keys taken away, and was forbidden to leave the house.

Deciding to do some chores, I walked out the driveway, hauling out a trash bag.

As I dumped it into the street bin, an unrecognizable elite car was parked alongside the curb at the nearby corner.

I stared harder, trying to visualize who was in the drivers seat. Due to the tinted windows, I just seen a black figure which continued to stare back at me.

I swallowed hard, hoping that it wasn't Marcello or Eric.

Pacing back to my house, I locked all the doors and windows.

Hiding behind the blinds, I waited for the car to turn on and drive off.

Usually, I'd go run to Eric, but I needed to break those habits because as of right now he's venom to me.

I ended up bathing for a long hour. Afterwards, I cooked up some spaghetti and meatballs which turned out delicious.

I went to my evergreen backyard and placed a yoga mat on the lawn.

Meditating was such a relief, leaving me in complete peace surrounded by grass.

I'm positive that I meditated for nearly an hour, within that time I also did a lot of yoga.

I roamed back in the house once the sun made its way back down and headed to my room.

As I got closer to the door, I noticed my bedroom door was slightly open. Before I left the house, I was sure that I closed it. Or was I just imagining things?

Approaching the room gave me cold feet in each step taken.

I steadily creaked it open, my dark room stood in front of me. The only light that bled in my room was the hallway light from behind.

I took a deep breathe and headed in, heading for the light switch.

As soon as I walked in, the door swung close and a strong hand violently pushed me against the wall.

It was pitch black and I saw nothing but the silhouette who aggressively threw me. I kept quiet, and unable to move.

It was the body of a muscular man and the stand of a brave solider.

He took steps toward my shaking frame, and most likely heard my heart thudding loudly against my chest.