Hotshot

Danica's POV:

Santiago was not at all thrilled. If anything, he seemed bothered.

I waited until Alessandra left the room for a shower, to ask him.

"What's up with you? You haven't said anything all day." I folded my arms taking the seat in front of him.

He rested his elbows on the tabletop and flexed his jaw as he continued to stare into my the eyes, angrily. "Nothing's wrong."

"Then why do you look so mad?" My brows furrowed.

His nostrils flared, "Because you're making a stupid decision by considering to go to that pathetic party."

My nose wrinkled in the disgust of his tone, "Seriously, Santiago? You were just telling me to live my life and have fun."

Santiago stormed out of the room and stepped up the stairs. He mumbled under his breath, as I trailed behind him. "...Irresponsable."

I shouted at his back, "Why do you have to be so mean about this?! Why does it bother you so much?!"

He snapped around to face me, pointing a finger at me, "Because you could get hurt, and I won't risk that!"

"It's just a party! And I don't need your permission, Santiago. I'm going whether you like it or not." I snarled at him.

His teeth clenched, "You're out of your damn mind if you think you're going."

"Your consent isn't needed. It's my life not yours."

"Danica, it could be dangerous! Why don't you get that?" He yelled pacing towards me with rage.

"You're over exaggerating."

"You sure about that? Because I know for a fact you do not know him." Santiago's words spat at me.

I turned away from him and walked towards my bedroom. I was for sure going whether he liked it or not.

"I'm sure if I had a chaperone you'd reconsider." I said in a low voice to myself as I rolled my eyes.

I'm guessing I said it too loud, because his facial expression shifted to a perplexed look.

I shook my head in gasp, "No, Santiago!"

He grinned.

"Don't even think about it." I gritted my teeth.

He crossed his arms as he challenged me, "You can go, in one condition. I escort you to the party."

I bellowed at his ridiculous offer, "No! Absolutely not."

*

"Are you ready?" Santiago called out from the other side of my bedroom door.

I tossed my recently done curls around, and topped off my simplistic outfit off with some perfume.