Birthday

I ended up going to school on the very last day.

Jesse and I exchanged an awkward hug, and he also insisted on keeping in touch, which I was not looking forward to.

I felt a little bad that our relationship was going to crash and burn like this (especially seeing how hard he's trying to hold it together), but it's just not meant to be.

Eric continuously asked me about my birthday, which was in four days. I still had no plans and neither did anyone else. Or so they told me.

I'm sure Eric had some ideas, he always seems to go all out. I can't imagine what's he's planning for me, although I hope it's something casual. Yet again, a Porsche is considered casual for him.

I was running around Eric's home barefoot, in an oversized tee shirt, blasting some of my favorite pop music. Eric was being a bore and sitting on the couch, hysterically intrigued by my actions.

Obviously I couldn't drink, so I downed sparkling apple cider from the bottle instead. I rushed to the living room he was at and sat on his lap, face to face.

I bit my lip deeply as I continued to stare at his insanely gorgeous features. How could someone be created so perfectly? So honestly genuine and compassionate?

Eric's eyes which were inhumanly stunning, was accompanied by a slight smile. It made it almost hard for me to breathe.

I ran my fingers across his shoulders and up the back of his neck, burying them in his hair, and sliding them down to his jawline.

Completely satisfied by my hands, he gripped my hips and flashed his eyes to me, "If you could go anywhere, where would you go?"

I let out a groan as my shoulders naturally slumped, "I don't want a birthday gift, I already have everything I could ever ask for."

He purses his lips at my corniness, "You're missing jewelry on your fingers." My eyes shot to my ring finger, it felt so empty and incomplete.

It was all up to me.

He said whenever I felt like it was the right time.

I had no idea what right was suppose to feel like, but deep down a part within me was aching to be permanently with him. We were inseparable. My love for him was unconditional and irrevocable. The crave to be with him bled into some sort of obsession.

I felt my lips form into a wide smile, "I'm ready."

He nearly choked in shock as he got up so fast, nearly knocking me down. He began to pace in excitement, "The thought of loving you for eternity makes me so damn happy." He cupped my face in an uplifting way and passionately kissed me.

I will truly never get tired of this.

**

My sleeping dreams were interrupted by loud chanting. It was coming from my mom who was singing at the foot of my bed, The Birthday Song.

I grumbled like an old man, and unwillingly woke up.

She shouted and came to me with a lit up cupcake, "Happy 19th birthday, sweetheart!"

I was slowly getting in the birthday spirit. I blew out the candle and she rapidly shoved the cupcake in my face, smearing the blue frosting all over my face.