Chapter 11: Friction

"You're stuck in the middle
Of all irrelevance
And your heart is beating"

*Chapter Note: some stong language ahead

"Good morning Audrey!" I hear Emma call my name as soon as I get through the door at work. She's busy bringing in the new shipment boxes from the back.

"Hey." I make my way to her and start helping.

"How was it yesturday?"

Remembering the date, I start to smile.

"Well, I take it that it went well considering that smile."

After I tell her about the date, Em starts to squeal "You two are so cute! No need to thank me for playing cupid slash match maker."

"Tone down your voice, I think you just popped my eardrum. Plus I met Nate first. You didn't technically set us up."

"Yes but without my help you two would have never gotten together. You especially needed a push. Wait no, more of a shove."

Can't deny, she is right.

"Hey ladies, I'm going to be in my office if you need anything." Dan surprises us when he enters the store.

We just nod our heads.

We decide to put out the new shipment we got in and chat to make time go buy faster.

"I disagree about that. I think Samsung is better. Plus the iphone is overrated and overpriced." I respond. Emma and I started talking about Apple and Samsung because she brought up that she wanted the new iphone.

"If I wanted my phone to blow up then I would get the samsung note 7. I value my safety thank you very much." She smirks.

"Those phones are already recalled plus they have other types of phones to choose from." I defend.

"Whatever. Apple forever."

Im about to say something back when I hear someone approaching. Thinking it's a customer I say "Can I help you?" But when I turn, I see I was wrong.

Aimee just looks at me with a scowl.

"So, Aimee what are you doing here? I thought you were off." Emma asks as if she was uninterested in the answer.

Aimee just ignores her and goes straight to the back office.

"Well, good morning to you too." Em adds loud enough for her to hear.

"She looks happy today." I retort sarcastically.

"She's just mad Nate likes you and not her."

"How would she know? I haven't told her anything. It's not like we talk."

"I forgot to tell you. When Nate had explained to me what happened after he visited you to explain things, he told me that Aimee had continued calling him nonstop. Tired of her, he told her that he likes you and is planning to ask you out. He even told her nothing was ever going to happen between them."

"Oh." It's all I can think of too say.

"Yup, I'll be right back, I gotta go to the restroom and drink some water." Em lets me know.