Chapter 18: Dream

"All these sorrows I have seen
they lead me to believe that everything's a mess"

I see my phone light up with a message.

What do you want me to bring you for lunch?

That is always a hard question. Why must food be so delicious?

Just Mcdonalds is fine. I want the 10 piece nuggets and a small fries

Ok. See you soon. Love you

Love you too, but seriously, dont forget my fries 🍟🍟🍟

That was one time. I thought you had forgiven me?

Its still up in the air

😣😔😓😢

No need to be dramatic. Of course i forgive you. Just dont forget them again.

Ill try not to eat them

Your kidding right?

No answer

Nate..... do NOT touch my fries!

I put up my phone and hope he doesn't take long to bring the food. When he comes I'm going to tell him that I do want to move in with him. I even talked to my mom about it and she was actually supportive and said that she was happy that I had Nate.

For some reason it got really busy at work for the first few hours and now that it's almost noon, it has slowed down. Everyone's probably out eating.

I decide to play some music in the background so it's not so quiet. I'm in between playing Bastille's new album or Twenty One Pilots when a customer comes in.

"Welcome. If you need any help let me know." I tell the guy. He has blonde hair and is of average height. But the thing that sticks out is the long scar he has down his cheek near his beard.

"Actually, I'm looking for a birthday gift for my girlfriend. Could you help me? I don't know shit about presents." He smiles. For some reason his smile freaks me out. Almost like it's fake.

"Um, well what does she like? We have jewelry. Maybe a nice necklace?" I gesture at the display.

"I like yours, where did you get it?" He asks while pointing at the necklace Nate had got me from California.

"It was a gift."

"From a boyfriend?" He taunts. Normally that would be an innocent question but I didn't want to explain anything to him.

"So do you want to look at the jewelry we offer?" I go back to the original topic.

"I bet it was your rich boyfriend who got that for you."

I feel my stomach drop as he says that. Okay, something is off about him. Plus how does he know about Nate. Alarm bells are going off in my head.

"What do you want?"

"Me? I want a lot of things. But first I have a job to do. I hope for your sake, that your little boyfriend is willing to pay up."