Epilogue | I bet my life

"I've been around the world and never in my wildest dreams
Would I come running home to you
I've told a million lies but now I tell a single truth
There's you in everything I do"

8 years later....

"Mommy, does the baby have toys in there?" Andrew points at my growing six month pregnant belly.

I debate what to say and just agree "Yes honey."

"It has toys just like me!" He then giggles. He's just turned five years old but is excited to have a little sister soon. Nate and I still haven't decided on a name so we'll just wait until we meet her at the hospital. The only thing for certain is that her middle name will be Emma. Which she doesn't know about yet, so I'm sure she's going to freak out with excitment.

"Daddy, can we go play in the water and collect shells?" Andrew turns to ask Nate.

"Of course, but first we have to put on your floaties."

He pouts but reluctantly starts to pick up them up from the sand and puts them on as Nate tightens them.

"Okay, I'm ready!" Andrew beams. "Are you coming mommy?" He asks while grabbing onto his finding nemo bucket with his little hands.

"In a bit honey, I'm expecting a call from Aunt Emma soon." Right then my phone starts ringing. "I'll join you guys as soon as I'm done." I wink at him.

"Yay!" Nate and him start going closer to the shore and stop when it hits Andrew's knees.

"Hello?" I answer Emma.

"Hey! I feel like we haven't talked in forever!" She exclaims.

"We just talked two days ago." I chuckle.

"That's too long. Wait a sec- Elizabeth do not put that in your mouth! You too Josh!Matt, get that away from them."

She and Matt must be having trouble controlling their three year old twins.

"Anyway, how is it in California? It's been rainy all week here in Kemah." Emma asks me once she's back on the phone.

"Great. We are actually at the beach right now."

"I miss you so much! I can't wait to visit you up there soon! I want to go shopping again, I love the stores there!"

Once a year for the past four years, Emma and Matt have came here to visit us here during the summer to catch up. Nate and I moved here to San Francisco when his father decided to retire and make him CEO. By then we had been married one year and Andrew was about to turn one years old. I was excited to start a new chapter in our life at a new place. Well, new for me anyway, Nate had been born and raised here.

My mom and Kay come every holiday because they love it here. My mom is even thinking of moving here and Kay is in love with the idea. We'll see what happens.

"I'm sure Matt will be excited for that credit card bill." I deadpan.

"He can't say anything because our six year marriage anniversery is coming up so it can count as my present."