Chapter Sixteen

For the next hours, Belinda was never alone. Keisha and Kassie helped her bathe the babies for the first time. Once they were done and the babies ate, Belinda placed them in their cribs for a moment. She got ready, not wanting to stay in the room any longer.

She wanted to walk, even if it was down the hall.

Niko stared at her baby boy as if he were the greatest specimen ever created.

Belinda sat down on the edge of the bed after setting all the wooden toys everyone brought on the bed.

"It's difficult to believe he is half wolf. Fane is a pure breed—This is impossible," Niko said as he reached into the wooden crib and touched her baby. "He doesn't have our body temperature but has our eyes." His eyes narrowed as he grasped the baby's small hand. "I wonder if he is going to be able to shift..."

"Niko, leave the baby alone." Keisha pulled him away.

He chuckled. "Okay."

"They are both adorable," said Kassie as she held the baby girl. "You have to come up with names soon."

"I know..." Belinda paused as she began to pick at her nails fighting back the tears, trying to not break down. Her plan had been to find out the genders at birth. Her parents along with Fane would have helped her with the names. "I gave Fane the chance to name the boy—I'm choosing the name for the girl."

"So, What is it?" Asked Keisha.

Belinda smiled. "Bexley...my mother's name."

Fane walked into the room, a big smile on his lips the second his gaze fell upon their children. He picked up the baby boy in his arms.

"I finally chose a name," Belinda said, smiling. "Bexley. Have you thought of a name for him?"

Fane took hold of their son's hand. "Grayson."

"I like the names," Kassie said before smiling at Bexley. "Hello, Bexley. You are so darn cute!"

When Zaeley entered the room, Zeref following suit, no one spoke again. He stared at Belinda for the longest before his eyes averted to her child, who Fane still held in his arms.

"What's going on?"

Zaeley glanced at Zeref. "Zeref, there is no doubt that long ago, Bexley and you were tricked by Jericho."

Zeref seemed to be holding back tears as Fane handed him Grayson.

"Is anyone going to explain anything to me?" Belinda stood.

"Your grandfather saw me as unfit to marry your mother not only because I wasn't royalty, but most importantly...I wasn't born a vampire." Belinda narrowed her eyes when he met her gaze. "I was attacked one night by the beasts and bitten. Still, werewolf genes course through us."

Belinda eyes widened. "W—What?"

He held her gaze. "When your mother became pregnant, I thought the child was mine. However, she did a test whilst you were still in the womb that came back negative. It seems Jericho managed to fake the results, thinking she would remain by his side if she believed the child was his." He paused for a moment. "I'm your father."

Belinda sat down on the corner of the bed too stunned to say anything. A long silence hung in the air, the revelation clearly stunning everyone present. Everyone excused themselves, leaving her alone with Zeref and her babies.

Zeref placed Grayson in the crib and faced her. "I know this must be difficult for you—"

Without really thinking it over, she hugged him, letting the tears flood down her cheeks. Neither said a word. She couldn't imagine the pain it caused Zeref that she was raised away from him, that he knew so little about her. Years stolen. And all due to the obsession of Jericho over her mother.