CHAPTER FIVE

At a door opening, she forced herself to stand and turned. Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets at the agonizing pain in her stomach as she stared into brown eyes that she didn't recognize.

The male laughed as if he had lost his mind. Belinda glanced at the dagger with its blade piercing her golden and white gown. She tried to wrap her hands around it, but couldn't.

She was now seeing two of them.

Her eyes narrowed when Blake rushed into the bathroom. He grabbed the male by the back of the neck before slamming his head against the wall, cracks filling the air.

"Fuck." Blake grabbed Belinda's arm and they made their way through the large crowd dancing to the rhythm of the music at full volume.

No one had heard her scream...no one but Blake.

And no one even noticed that she was bleeding, blood staining her dress. Everyone seemed too enraptured in having the best time to notice anything around them.

"Where is Keisha?" She asked before groaning at the immense pain enveloping her.

Blake kicked the doors opened, presumably breaking them completely off their hinges. "She's fine."

When she began to doze off and loose her footing, Blake halted before cupping her face in his hands. "Stay with me."

"I'm tired." Her eyelids became heavy that they began to close on their own accord. The second she lost all strength to continue standing, Blake picked her up in his arms. Then, he was sprinting through the forest way too fast for any human.

But, at the moment, that was not her main concern.

When Blake halted, she forced her eyelids apart. All around them, men loomed out from within the darkness that enveloped the forest.

"Fuck," Blake muttered.

"I'm sorry," Belinda whispered. "Everything it's my fault." She motioned for him to let her down. Even though he obviously didn't want to, he listened.

After having difficulty standing straight without causing herself more pain, she glared at their enemies. "Why won't you leave us alone? I did what you asked of me!" She screamed in anger. "What the hell do you want from me!"

When one of the males got close, his gaze fell upon her neck, obviously searching for the necklace. "Come and find out if I have it or not!"

For a moment, she wondered how the male in the bathroom was able to harm her.

"Witch Magic is useless against Fae."

Belinda whirled around as Blake turned to face a short female with hair and eyes that seemed to match the color of the forest surrounding them.

Belinda wrapped her fingers around the hilt of the dagger buried in her stomach and began to pulled it out.

"Stop," Blake said. "I think it's best you keep that in there—"

Belinda yanked it out with a scream and took a deep breath, no longer feeling as if her lungs were being crushed. "I think this made the pain worse." When the faerie began to laugh, Belinda didn't think twice and flung the dagger toward her.