Chapter Fifteen

"I can't remember when was the last time I felt them move," Belinda sobbed.

Before anyone could react, Armelle broke the distance and placed her hand on Belinda's stomach, eyes narrowing.

Denarus grabbed her hand and shoved her back, sending her stumbling backward. "Back off."

Armelle tilted her head. "You're slowly turning—if you don't feed, soon you'll be consume by the thirst and become a beast." She glanced around. "What exactly happened? Fane arrived at your town and there is nothing left."

Belinda let out a sob as she held on to Denarus, afraid she would collapse. As she shook her head, the ache in the stomach increased, only getting a break for a minute in between.

"How did you escape? Did you use a portal?" Belinda nodded the pain too great to speak. "Your children are under stress." Armelle attempted to come close but halted when her brother and friend stood at either side of her. "If you don't let me help you, you will lose the children."

When Belinda took a step forward, Alaric held her back. "Right now, we shouldn't trust anyone."

"I have no other choice."

Without argument, they helped her into the river stopping where the water reached just below her ribcage. Armelle jumped in with a splash to return to the surface in front of Belinda. When she placed her hand on her stomach, Belinda narrowed her eyes as the water around them shimmered like crystals against the sunlight. Soon, the pain abated and her twins began to move like crazy.

She let out a laugh full of relief that her babies were okay. If something had happened to them, she would have lost her mind.

"Oh, wow!" Armelle laughed. "They move so much! Congrats on your girl and boy."

Belinda smiled. "What?"

"You didn't know?" Armelle asked. "You're having a boy and a girl. Fane will be excited!" Now, she stared at Elif, who stood a couple of feet from them. "Do you want to know the gender of your baby?"

Elif laughed. "I'm not pregnant..." Her eyes widened as she glanced at the water that reached just below her knees before meeting Alaric's gaze. "I didn't know."

"Your both lucky—no pregnant woman should ever enter a portal. We're you not aware of such thing?"

Alaric seemed astonished by her words. "No—But even if I did, we had no other option. If not, they would be dead."

Armelle finished her healing. "Fane is waiting for us at his mansion—not sure where exactly he will take you...His aunt knows of all his territories."

"I'll take her to my—"

"Are you crazy! Fane will not like that at all."

Alaric shot Armelle a hard look. "Like I give a damn. She is my sister. She is coming with me."

Belinda narrowed her eyes when she began to feel a lot of pressure between her legs. "Can you both stop!" Everyone fell silent. "I think the babies are coming."

Armelle's large eyes grew wide. "Oh, no. You can't have the babies out here."

"It's not like I can fucking hold them in!" She bit her lip. "Sorry."