-CHAPTER THREE-

To Belinda's dismay, days seemed to speed by faster than ever. If it time kept moving at this pace, soon she would graduate.

Then, she would be forced to spend time with Fane.

She had tried everything within her power to distract her mind, including joining all the activities she could.

The more distracted she was, the less she became lost in her own thoughts.

Today she was at her house with her friends, playing a game in the kitchen while her mother cooked. It was an old fashion bingo game, but Belinda loved many games her parents played back then. Now, everyone was into the new video games.

"Bingo!" Kesha shouted a little too excited.

"I think you're cheating. That's three in a row."

Kesha narrowed her eyes at Blake. "How could anyone cheat in Bingo?"

"I want to play something else." He put the dominoes on the table and smiled.

"Put that away, the food is ready," her mother said before she handed them each a plate so they could serve themselves. "I'll be right back. I'm going to take lunch to your father." After she gave Belinda a kiss on the forehead, she left, shutting the front door behind her.

Before Belinda could take a bite of her food, the doorbell rang. Her mother probably forgot her keys or something. She was really forgetful when in a hurry. Belinda stood up after a mouthful of rice. The second she pulled open the door, she coughed, probably turning bright red.

"Belinda, what—Oh my god." Kesha dropped her plate to the floor and the ceramic shattered on impact. Belinda was thankful for a moment that her friend had finished her food.

"Good afternoon."

With her heart pounding against her ribcage, Belinda faced Fane, who stood in the opened doorway, hands on the frame, as if waiting for her to invite him in.

"I came to invite you to a date."

Belinda was certain her face had turned bright red from how hot it became. "I'm sorry but I don't feel so well."

His eyebrow rose. "You look far from sick."

"Is everything okay?" Blake asked as he stood beside Belinda.

"Yeah, you two should return to your homes. I'll see you tomorrow at school." They seemed hesitant to leave her, but still, they gave her a kiss and hug before leaving.

"I still have a little over four months before I graduate."

"The contract states that you are to spend time with me for minimum three years since the moment I signed it. Then, once you graduate, you will come with me every Saturday and Sunday to my place."

She started at him for the longest, trying to remember the exact words in the contract. "Then...why didn't you come before?"

Pain flickered in his eyes before masked it. "Go get ready."

She shot him a look. "Ordering me around isn't going to get you anywhere."

He smiled. "Please."

"May I help you?"

Belinda's eyes widened as Fane turned to face her mother. Her mother seemed in utter disbelief for a brief moment before she regained control. She walked into the house and stood in front of Belinda. With a mischievous smile, Fane leaned his shoulder against the doorframe and crossed his feet at the ankles, looking too relaxed.

"I thought vampires would burst into flames under the sun. Weren't you cursed into the darkness long ago?"

The bravery in her mother's tone shocked Belinda.