Chapter 4

I woke up feeling sandpaper on my face.
Lick, lick...
I opened my eyes to see, unfortunately, my cat-boy Arru licking my face. Not saying he was an unfortunate surprise, but a human cat wasn't exactly what I hoped for. I had hoped he was a dream.
"Mama?" He stopped licking.
I was groggy, which is why I didn't react to his licking as soon as I should have.
As soon as I fully woke up I sat up, and noticed I was on the floor in the living room. I must've fainted.
Arru was beside me, looking with concerned eyes.
"Yes?" I asked, clearly annoyed.
"Are you okay!" He shouted and looked frustrated.
"Sure." I shrugged.
I already seemed used to him being inhuman.
He licked my face again as though it was normal, and when he did this time, it burned.
I flinched, and pulled away.
"Mama, please let me help!" He leaned in to me and tried to lick my cheek again.
I put my hand on the cheek that hurt, and some red appeared on my hand. It wasn't much blood, but it hurt really bad.
I got up towards the restroom to clean my face up. I didn't have to question how I hurt myself since I noticed there was some skin on the corner of my coffee table.
Arru followed me into the restroom, which didn't bother me too much since I wasn't showering.
The only thing that bothered me about him now was that he was still naked.
I grabbed some panties that were too big for me and an oversized shirt and handed it to him.
"Here, put these on."
He tilted his head a bit.
"You know how, right?" I sighed.
He didn't answer, and tried his hardest to put on the clothes.
As he was struggling with that, I cleaned my cheek and covered it with a bandage.
"Arru?" His head and ears perked up when I asked.
"Yes, mama?"
"Why do you call me mama?" I raised an eyebrow.
He put his foot through one of the leg holes of the panties and said, "Because I don't know your name. And you took me in! So I'm your child now." He smiled.
"You're older than me." I forced a laugh to keep things light and not as awkward.
"Okay, well, how about owner?" He seemed sad.
"How about you call me by my name? (Y/N)."
"Okay, (Y/N)!" He jumped up.

Checking the clock on my restroom wall I saw it was around 2 p.m.
I looked at Arru, who was playing with his ears and..licking his hands. I guessed he was grooming himself.
"How about you take a bath..?" I said awkwardly.
I did feel uncomfortable with a boy bathing in my house, but I figured it can't be that bad. It wasn't like he was going to ask me to bathe him.
Arru looked confused. "But I am.." He said as he groomed his dirty, matted tail.
"I mean a real bath. A human one. The kind in there." I pointed to the bathtub.
"I-Uh..Okay!" He stuttered, seemingly excited.
I turned the water knobs on to a warm mix, and plugged the drain. I laid out some soaps,  and got a towel for him.
"While you're in there I'll see if I can find you some better clothes, and we'll figure out what to do from there." I smiled and started to walk out the door.

It wasn't long before I heard hissing. It startled me, then I remembered he was partially a cat, and cats hate water.
I sighed, quickly grabbed some long sweatpants for him, and went to the restroom.
I opened the door to see him naked again, which wasn't as awkward as it was the first time, but was still not comfortable.
"It's just water, it's not gonna hurt you."
"I don't like it!" He hissed at me with his bushy tail.
"You're gonna smell if you don't bathe."
He lowly grumbled at me and turned his head.
"Help me bathe like a human!"
My immediate answer was 'no'. That was too far.
"If you don't I won't ever bathe again." He humphed.
I didn't understand why cats hated water so much. I didn't understand why he hated water so much. Arru looked more human than cat, but his attitude was far from a normal human.
"Why is water so bad?" I asked.
"Because I don't like my fur wet. It's cold and makes me vulnerable!" He shouted cutely.
Cutely?
He got quiet, and continued what he was saying. "But, master, if you help me I won't feel as vulnerable."
I hated this. He made it sound sexual, somehow. I noticed he was blushing, so I guessed he intended it that way.
Dammit, I thought, but then came up with a solution.
"Alright, Arru," I was still a little red, but kept my voice stern. "I'll help you, but if you try anything you're out of my house forever. And I won't have any sympathy for you."
"Y-yes, master!" He ran towards me and hugged me.
I didn't want to shove him away, but I did. His body was actually really warm, and comfy. His body was a lot of things. His hips were a bit wide, but not too wide like a woman. He was tall and skinny, but not too skinny. He had enough muscle, and really, really good abs. Below his abs was...nice.
I tried to stop myself from thinking about these things. I hated how I just yelled at him to not try sexual stuff, and I was probably thinking about that more than him.

He seemed upset that I pushed him off of me.
"Master..Do you not like me?"
I didn't know what to say. He was a pain, but I didn't hate him.
"You're fine."

I stuck my hand in the bathtub to see if it was still warm, and luckily it was. I smiled because I didn't have to waste more water.
"Alright, want to...hold my hand or something?" I asked, confused.
"Y-yes..."
I grabbed one of his big hands, well, compared to my own, and guided him in.
He placed his feet in and winced. His wincing didn't worry me, but then he started panting. He didn't stop panting and started sweating. I didn't want him to pass out from hyperventilation.
"H-hey, you're fine.." Was all I could say. It was a sad excuse for help, but I didn't know what else I could do.
I motioned him to lean towards me, and held him. Quickly, the panting stopped and turned to purring.
He was knelt down in the water, and was below me, snuggling into me...
It was cute until I realized what he was actually doing. He was nuzzling into my (large/small) bosom, and purring. "(Y/N)...comfy..." He cooed.
I didn't really shove him off of me. I didn't have to.
"Arru?" I blushed, "Can you not nuzzle there?"
He nodded, and understood well.
I don't think he knew what he was doing.
"Sit down, so I can wash your tail..."
Things were awkward now. He looked sad, and I was really quiet.
He sat down in the water and asked, "Did I do something wrong, master?"
"No, you're okay," I said as I washed the dirt out of his tail, "Just don't go near my chest."
"O-okay...Why don't I have as much of a chest as you?"
"Because you're a boy, Arru." I giggled.
His tail wagged, not liking the feeling of the soap being washed from his tail.
"Aren't you a boy?" He tilted his head and looked towards my crotch that was behind the bathtub wall.
I tried not to laugh at him, but he was so cute and innocent. He didn't seem to know what a girl really was.
"You have a mother, right?"
"Yes, but I don't remember her too much."
Luckily, he didn't seem sad about it. But I still didn't want to ask him much about her to refrain from making him upset.
"Well, she's a girl, and I'm a girl."
"Girls are pretty. I want to be pretty." He threw his hands down in the water which made a splash.
I blushed at the fact that he called me pretty. I took it as a compliment even if it wasn't directed to me.

I had finished cleaning him after I rinsed his hair and ears. I took the stopper off of the drain, and he quickly got out of the bath. He was shivering. I wrapped the towel I laid out for him around him and he hugged me, my face now in his chest.

It didn't take long to get him dressed, luckily. He seemed to get the hang of  things already.

"Master?" He sounded worry-some.
"What's up?"
He played with his thumbs, and blushed.
"Am I just your pet?"