Chapter 10

Where exactly do you buy clothes for a boy with a tail?
Better him to choose than me.

With cash in hand and my phone in the other, I call a lift to my nearest shopping mall.

I have Arru follow me downstairs into the kitchen beside the backdoor.
"Want to bring a water with us? Could be some time." I let him know we were going to a place with multiple outlets, so he'd be walking long.
"No." He shook his head. "No, thanks." Arru was so cute when he'd nod or shake his head. His hair slightly ruffled back and forth.

I had him walk to the porch with me and we sat on the steps waiting for the car to pull into my driveway.
"Well, there's still a few minutes before the driver gets here...I kind of want to mention something." I started off.
"What is it, (Y/N)?" Arru tilted his head in question.
I faced away from him.
We sat on the porch in silence before I continued.
"Dating might be a lot more confusing than you think. I really don't know how much you know, but there's probably going to be other pretty girls at the mall. Hell, probably prettier ones." I sighed.
"You might not even know what it means to have a girlfriend. It's a lot more than 'I like you'. So, maybe, we should think it over. There's a bunch of stupid, confusing feelings involved."

I felt really bad saying that. I do believe I liked this boy more than any other I've met prior, but on the other hand I didn't want to hurt myself or him in the process. We did only just meet. It's been a few days and a lot happened, but I can't restrict him from how life actually goes.

Arru laughed lightly. He seemed like he understood.
"(Y/N), I can't say I know it all, but I've watched movies and my own family. I may not have the experience, however I know forms of love."
I finally looked at him, and with concern.
"Yeah? Name something that you'd consider love." I giggled.

I was expecting him to say something like 'you're pretty'. As complimenting as it is, it's not a good answer.

"I think love can be some form of dependency. Chasing back and forth, needing something you can't provide for yourself, and providing for them what they can't." He stated and sounded like he knew more about life than I.
"I understand if you don't want to 'date'. But I think eventually I'm going to try and make you fall in love with me."

My face was so deeply flushed that I had to turn back away to the opposite of his view. My mouth quivered with excitement. Why did he sound so smart? Why was he so hot? Yes, he was now hot and adorable at the same time.

Before I had any time to reply, the car pulled up to us.
I think we just broke up, too.
It may even be for the better. I would rather take things slow with him. Where's the excitement in knowing everything about someone so soon?

The two of us had gotten in opposites sides of the back seat. Yet, there was a slight issue with Arru.
He let out a hiss when he sat down on his tail. I'm assuming that must have hurt.
I whispered over to him as the driver started taking off. "Just move it to the side of your leg."
Arru leaned onto the front seat and arched his back. He looked at me like he was waiting for me to do it, so I gave in.
I reached into his pant loop as discreetly as possible.
Adjusting his tail to a seemingly comfortable position, the driver looked into the rear view mirror and rolled his eyes.
Arru let out a pleasant smile.
Hopefully that was comfortable enough for the rest of the ride.
The driver ended up taking a call through his earpiece while driving. He didn't seem to care for us, so I wanted to talk to Arru now that I had calmed down from his words earlier.

"I want to ask...how can you come up with such a good explanation of love?" I kept a quiet tone for privacy.
"I think all the time alone in my home, having nothing but electronic entertainment. I've never had a chance to put words like that into the open, though." He stared at me.