Chapter 1

"Carlie!" My mom called. I groaned and threw my phone down on the bed next to me, forcing myself off and heading downstairs.

"Yeah?" I asked, poking my head around the corner to look in the kitchen. My mom was bustling around in the process of trying to clean up the kitchen from last night, even thought it was already past lunch time.

"Can you please take that pan back to Mia's?" She asked me, pointing to the glass lasagna pan that belonged to my aunt. "I would but I have to finish cleaning up the kitchen."

"Do I have to?" I groaned, knocking my head against the wall a couple of times. My mom gave me a pointed look, placing her hands on her hips. "Fine," I said quickly, not really wanting to get yelled at at the moment. I grabbed the pan in both hands and walked to the front entry, slipping my feet into my flip flops and leaving the house. I didn't bother driving because their house was only two houses down and across the street.

I groaned as I realized that Conner was probably going to be there. I really didn't want to see his ugly face right now, it would ruin my already kind of sucky day. Alexis wouldn't stop talking about how much she misses David and I love her, but she needs to forget about how much she misses him and think about how she's going to get back at him for cheating on her. I would tell her myself but right now is not the time for me to be a little bitch.

I knocked on the Greenwood's front door, leaning against one of the white porch pillars and waiting for someone to open the door. It opened a couple seconds later and I almost let out a frustrated scream at who did.

I had opened my mouth to say something but stopped when my eyes met his.

"Mate," he whispered, his dark eyes boring into mine. I tried to tear my eyes away from his but couldn't bring myself to do it. I slowly stepped into the house and he closed the door for me, leaning closer to me.

"I . . . um . . . my mom told me to bring this back to your mom," I stuttered, wanting to look away again and finding it impossible to do so as I held out the lasagna pan. He took it from my grasp and set it on a nearby table, not once tearing his gaze from mine. I was suddenly self conscious of myself in the floral patterned sundress I was wearing for no reason, and began to cross my arms over my chest. Conner stopped me by grabbing my wrist with his hands and trapping them against the door behind me. Sparks exploded in my wrists and traveled through my veins in a matter of seconds, my entire body feeling the effect of his touch.

He leaned closer to me, our lips now inches apart. "Conner," I said softly, my eyes finally moving from his and flickering around the room, scared of someone walking in on the intimate position we were in. He shifted so only one of his hands was holding my wrist above my head and his other hand began to slowly travel up my waist. Even through the fabric of my dress I felt little tingles erupt along the trail is his fingers. "What if someone walks in on us?" I breathed out.

"No one's home," he said softly before pressing his lips to mine. I almost moaned the second they did from how good it felt.

I kissed him back eagerly, savoring the touch of his lips against mine. His hand on my waist snaked around my back and pulled my tightly against him, and the one holding my wrists freed them and held the base of my neck. I tangled my fingers in his hair, and finally let out a soft moan as his hand came around to cup my cheek.

His hand around my waist lifted me up and my immediate instinct to was wrap my legs around his waist. I could feel his boner against my thigh and couldn't help but smirk into the kiss. He turned away from the door and began to walk towards what I knew were the stairs from the many times I had been here to hang out with Sammy. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and tightened my legs as he began to walk upstairs. His hands were cupping my bottom to held hold me up, and I didn't even care.