Chapter 14

THREE AND A HALF MONTHS LATER

"I think we should call a toast to Conner and Carlie!" Sammy yelled. "Six months ago they could barely stand to be in the same room as each other and now, they're the best kind of mates and are expecting a child any day now."

Everyone toasted to us and I took a sip of my water, a smile on my face. I was in my happy place with my best friends, my family, and the entire pack around me. Conner was sitting right next to me on the couch, his arm wrapped tightly around me. I laid my head on his shoulders, closing my eyes for a brief moment.

"Do you want to go upstairs and lay down?" Conner whispered in my ear. Even with the music in the background and everyone around us yelling and having fun, I was able to hear him. I shook my head.

"I'll be okay. After we watch the ball drop maybe I'll go lay down," I replied, planting a kiss on his cheek. "I don't want to miss all the fun." He seemed okay with this answer so he just pulled me closer to him. I relaxed into his side and pulled my feet up on the couch. I couldn't curl up in a ball like I use to be able to because of my stomach, but that didn't matter.

"Carlie come and dance with us!" Hannah squealed, coming by Conner and I and grabbing my hand to pull me up.

"I can try my best to dance," I laughed, helping her by getting to my feet. "I'll see you later," I told Conner, pecking his lips before letting Hannah drag me off to where Sammy, Alexis and Lilly. Do Something Crazy by Outasight was playing, and everyone was jumping around and doing the craziest dance moves ever. Lilly grabbed my hands and we danced together, probably looking like a bunch of three year olds in the process. I didn't care though, because I was having fun and that was the only thing that mattered.

"THE BALLS ABOUT TO DROP!" Someone screamed.

"Come on guys!" I laughed, and the five of us started running towards the huge flat screen in the living room. It was nice theatre size and the living room was able to fit a lot of us. The rest of the pack was crowded along the second floor, looking over the railing into the living room.

I was trying to find Conner but he found me first. An arm latched itself tightly around my waist and pulled me close. "Hi!" I laughed, linking my arms around his neck.

"Hey," he smirked, planting a kiss on my forehead. The count down started and everyone was practically screaming, including Conner and I.

"FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I barely got the words out of my mouth before Conner's lips found mine. I was already smiling but it somehow managed to grow. I tightened my arms around his neck to pull him closer to me. We were both pouring a ton of passion into the kiss, but I soon pulled away for air and burst out laughing. I realized that to all the people who didn't have mates or a significant other that they would be standing really awkwardly amounts the rest of us. I told Conner this and he burst out laughing as well.

Once everything had calmed down and people were back to partying, Conner took my hand and led me to the stairs. "I'm fine, I don't want to lay down," I laughed, but he shook his head.

"That's not where we're going. I just want yo be alone with you for a little bit," he said. We reached the second floor and then went up to the third. He lead me to the huge double doors that led to the balcony of the pack house, and he pushed one open.

We made our way out to the balcony, hand in hand. We walked over to the railing and I rested my arms on them, looking up at the stairs. Conner wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, pulling me close and resting his chin on the top of my head. His hands rested across my bulging stomach, resulting in a kick from our fetus. I laughed a little.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked him quietly, referring to becoming a father.

"I'll be ready for anything, as long as I have you with by my side," Conner said softly, his arms trying to wrap even tighter around me but not really succeeding.

"Me too," I sighed, leaning back a little to rest my head on his shoulder. I felt another kick, this one much stronger then the last one. "Did you feel that?" I asked Conner, fighting the urge to laugh.

"I think it would be kind of hard not to," he said, and the humor in his voice was so obvious that I did laugh. I leaned back on the railing because I feared that I would knock Conner over with how much I was laughing and the extra weight on my body. I calmed down and playfully rolled my eyes at Conner's amused look. Another peaceful silence settled between us.

A few minutes later his arms unwrapped from around me and I turned around to see why. Conner was kneeling on one knee and in the process of opening a black velvet box. My mind began to race so fast that I couldn't actually process what was going on.

"Carlie Alyssa Andrakes, I love you. You have made me the happiest man on earth for the last six months, and you continue to every single day. You are carrying my child and we're going to raise that baby together and be the best parents this pack has ever seen," he said. I stared at him, still not fully processing what was happening. "Everyday I fall even more in love with you which is impossible because of how much I already love you. I love you, and I love our unborn fetus. I can't wait to raise this one with you, along with the rest of our children in the future. I can't wait to grow old with you and watch our kids grow up and have kids of their own."

Something wet and warm was trickling down my leg. I definitely did not feel like I had to pee, which could only mean one thing.

"I love you, Carlie, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I was in shock out of everything that had happened in the last ten seconds. My brain couldn't even form a coherent word, much less a coherent sentence. I was left staring dumbly at my mate, who was becoming more and more white each second.

"Carlie?" He asked quietly. His voice was full of worry, as if he had no idea what was going on with me. Hell, I didn't even know what was going on with me. But just him saying my name woke my brain up and I finally managed to tell him what I needed to.

"My water just broke."

JUST THE EPILOGUE LEFT AND THEN ITS OVER!

VOTE!

COMMENT!