Chapter 5

"So I put my hands up, and play my song! The butterfly's fly away!" Sammy and I bursted out. We were in the car with my parents, and Natalia, Maxi, and Raiven were in the back seat.

My mom turned the music downs and twisted around in her seat so she was looking at us. "We're going tubing as soon we get there. Just bring your bags into your rooms and get your swimsuits on," she smiled.

"Got it," I said, giving her two thumbs up and a cheesy smile. I leaned forward and gathered all my hair together before pulling it into a messy bun, hoping that it would stay decent enough while we were out on the lake.

We pulled up to the cabin a couple minutes later and parked in the grass, as the driveway was barely a dirt road and it wouldn't matter either way. "Come on grab your stuff!" Sammy rushed, helping me grab my backpack before racing inside, me close behind her with my things in tow.

The cabin was built specifically for us almost fifteen years ago. I'm pretty sure it had twenty bedrooms, all with their own bathrooms, but I can't be entirely sure. I had been coming here every summer since I could remember.

I followed Sammy up to our room where we quickly dug our swimsuits out of our bags and changed, running back downstairs to see that the only other person already in their swimsuit was Conner

I followed Sammy up to our room where we quickly dug our swimsuits out of our bags and changed, running back downstairs to see that the only other person already in their swimsuit was Conner. "Don't. Please," Sammy begged in my ear, her voice nothing more then a whisper.

I watched Conner as his widened (just barely) at the sight of me. God damn it Carlie, why'd you have to wear a bikini? He mind linked me, his voice sounding playful and teasing. My wolf is going batshit crazy right now. If I can't control myself in front of everyone it's entirely your fault.

Quit whining ya big baby, I shot back. I glanced at his body, my eyes lingering on his defined an muscles.

Like what you see?

Oh you wish.

"Come on Carlie, lets go wait out by the lake," Sammy said, pulling me out the black door and down to the water. We ran down the dock and both immediately did a cannon ball into the water.

I came up for air and was immediately drenched in more water. "Sammy!" I shrieked, laughing as I splashed her back. She screamed before swimming away and going underwater.

The sound of pounding feet on the dock was heard and a 'look out below' before someone jumped in and there was a giant splash. I never saw who it was but hands grabbed my waist and sparks shot through my body before I was yanked under. I opened my eyes and saw a grinning Conner as his arms wrapped around me and his lips pressed mine. I smirked and kissed him back for a couple of seconds before kicking off the bottom and shooting towards the surface. My body immediately craved for the spark that came with the touch of his skin and even though my wolf missed it, she was enjoying our little game of teasing him.

That wasn't very nice, he mind linked me.

When am I ever nice? I shot back at him as I swam over to Sammy.

When you're in bed.

Oh how I wish I could kiss that smirk right off his face. I reached Sammy and jumped on her back making us both fall under the water. I heard another couple of splashes and after coming up for air realized that it was my eleven year old brother Caleb, Conners eleven year old brother Cory, Tessa and Aiden's eleven year old son Dylan, and Taylor and Xander's eleven year old daughter, Avalon. Those four were practically inseparable and I know that Avalon hated it that she wasn't in the same room as the three of them.

Once everyone was out all the kids got in the boat along with our dads. It could only fit so many people and we were already over the limit but with the younger kids it didn't count. Conner was already positioned in the tube, ready to go out.

"Sammy lets go on the tube. I promise I won't fight with Conner!" I begged, and I knew it wouldn't take much because she loved tubing just as much as I did.

"Fine, but I'm sitting in the middle and if you two start going at each other's throats I will push you both overboard," she threatened as we walked over. "Move over," she told Conner. "I'm pushing you both off if you start going at each other's throats so don't even start." He smirked and moved over so Sammy and I could hop in.

"You three ready!" My dad asked, and the three of us all gave him a thumbs up.

~~~~

"Is there something going on between you and Conner?" Sammy asked. My eyes widened and thank the moon goddess that I had my back to her as I dug through my suitcase to find a pair of pajamas. "You two were near each other all day and the only exchange you two made was smirks, like you knew something that everybody else didn't."

"Maybe were both just maturing and realizing that our banter is childish and stupid," I said, wanting to get off the topic as soon as possible.

"We would literally have to refrain you two from trying to claw each other's eyes out and all of a sudden it's all over?"

"You and everyone else always told us to stop. I would assume that you'd be happy with that," I said.

"I mean I am, but it seems like there's more to it then just 'Oh we realized that we're stupid'."

"For your information we are not stupid," I laughed, turning around and pulling on my pajamas over my sports bra and undies. "And no, nothing is going on between us. I'm kinda just done with the whole 'at each other's throats' thing. I'm going into my senior year and it really does seem childish. I don't even know why I ever hated him so much."

"Wow, you really have changed in the last week," Sammy laughed. She plopped down on the floor with the Monopoly game box and started setting it up. "I mind linked Raiven, Natalia, Maxi, Conner and Preston to come play with us."

"Okies," I said, plopping down next to her and grabbing the dog piece first before sorting and distributing the cash. The three girls walked in soon after along with the two guys.

"Pretty sure you're parents are going at it again," Preston said to me as soon as he walked in.

"Oh gross!" I yelled, covering my ears. "I did not need to know that!" I could hear everyone else laughing as I closed my eyes and started shaking my head, trying to get rid of that image.

"Fuck you, you just scarred me for life," I told Preston. Everyone else busted out laughing again.

Sorry it's late but with the holidays and everything I just had no time to write. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (or a good Kwanza of Hanukkah if that's what you celebrate).

VOTE!!

COMMENT!