Chapter 7

"I can not believe you did that!" Maxi gasped, but then she burst out laughing along with Raiven and and Nicole. "Didn't it hurt?

"Not really, once you master the skill it all goes smoothly," I smirked.

What did you do? Conner mind linked me. He was sitting at the opposite end of the table and I glanced up to see he a had a goofy grin on his face.

Stop looking at me before anyone notices, I said, looking down at my food so no one would see the smile on my face. And I jumped off the cliff on High Peak after you turned around.

Isn't it fun? He asked.

Wait you've done it before?

Sawyer, Preston and I snuck out last year and did it a few times, and Sawyer and I use to sneak out and do it before that.

Wanna sneak out and do it tonight again? I asked him.

If you can get Sammy asleep, he said.

You make it sound like she's a baby, I said, trying not to laugher the thought. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sammy look at me like she wanted to ask a question but she refrained herself.

She is though, he replied.

Stop! I'm trying so hard not to laugh and do you know how many questions I'll get from her later if I burst out laughing for no reason?

I didn't get a reply for him which was a good thing but it also made my wolf sad. "Raiven!" I gasped, suddenly remembering something. "Sammy and I heard that you and Sam are mated!"

"Oh!" She said, her face turning bright red. "Yeah." She looked down at her food, her dark hair falling and hiding her flaming face.

Wait a second... Sammy mind linked me. When you said 'mated' what if she thought you meant they already completed the mating process, not just found out they were mates.

Raiven did you actually complete the mating process? I asked her through a mind link with me and Sammy.

Yeah, I just told you, she replied.

We just heard that you guys had found out you were mates! Not that you actually mated! You're the first of the girls to mate with their mate! Or even meet their mate! Sammy said. I almost cut her off and told her that no, I was the first, but that would blow mine and Conners cover so I kept my mouth and mind shut.

After dinner everyone trickled outside for a bonfire, and all of us kids and our dads started a game of ghost in the graveyard. "Let's play infection!" Mallory said, and everyone agreed.

Conner was the first ghost and I mentally gave myself a high five because I would easily be able to find him. We all did the chant and then everyone set off in different directions to find Conner. I sniffed once, and immediately started heading off the way he had gone. No one was following me so I broke into a steady trot, entering the forest. Minutes passed by as I walked deeper in, following the scent of my mate.

Something dropped down and landed behind me, arms wrapping tightly around my waist. I almost screamed but a hand covered my mouth, and the sparks that erupted sent shivers down my spine. "Looks like you're a ghost now too," he whispered in my ear before planting little kisses down my neck. I turned around in his grasp and pressed my lips to his, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

I waited until his arms had loosened their hold on me a little before pulling my lips off of his. "I love you, but you came to me which means I'm not it yet. GHOST IN THE GRAVEYARD!" I screamed, running away as fast as I could.

Right as I was leaving the forest I was tackled to the ground but landed on a body. Now you are, he smirked.

"Get off me you oaf," I grumbled, trying to act like I wasn't his biggest fan because all of our moms and the kids too young to play were right there.

"See ya later," he smirked, getting up and running off to try and tag others. I slumped back over to the safe zone, which was the back patio, and leaned against the house as I waited for everyone else to come back.

No one else got it that round surprisingly. Conner and I both ran into the woods when they started the chant and when we were far enough in he started climbing a tall tree. Come on. I followed him and climbed up the tree until we were pretty high and seated side by side on the same branch. "Hey."

"Hey yourself," I smiled, a quiet laugh escaping your lips.

"It feels like forever since we've actually been able to talk to each other in person," he said, swinging a leg over the branch so he was straddling it, his body facing me. I repeated the actions so I was facing him, a smirk playing on my face.

"That's because every time we see each other person we either have to pretend like we hate each other or you're kissing the living day lights out of me."

"Can I do that now?"

"No."

He shot out his bottom lip in a pout, leaning in closer to me. "I don't want to fall out of the tree."

"Just one little peck?"

I leaned forward and pecked his lips, pulling back before he could deepen the kiss. "Hey-"

"You said on little peck, I gave you one little peck," I smirked, maneuvering myself on the branch so I could lower myself to the branch below it. People would actually need to see us for the game and with how high up we were they wouldn't.

Go find somewhere else to hide, I mind linked him as I lowered myself to another branch.

I heard rustling and could feel him moving farther away. I guess he was tree hopping like Rue did in the Hunger Games.

I made it so I was on the lowest branch of the tree. I was still mostly shielded by leaves. it if someone were to look up I would be spotted. Prefect.

Someone was coming this way, and I peeked through a leaf just barely to see Preston walking towards the tree, his movements robotic and tense. I started laughing silently at how he looked around, his eyes wide as if he was scared. Boo! I mind linked him. He jumped and turned around, screaming his head off.

What the hell did you do? Conner mind linked me.

Preston was walking by and I mind linked him boo and he ran off screaming like a little girl, I said, my laughter loud now. I hopped down from the tree and ran after him, knowing it was no use even hiding anymore.

~~~~

"There's something going on between you and Conner," Sammy said, bringing it up once again.

"Sammy, I already told you nothing is going on. Just drop it, please," I said. I tired not to sound like I was pleading or begging her too because that would definitely give Conner and I away.

I turned around and looked at her, and the look she was giving me scared me. She looked like she was analyzing me and like she was determined to figure out if anything was going on.

One thing you don't know yet about Sammy is that when she is determined to do something, she will do it.

Shit.

I hope you liked the new chapter! If you haven't already, please go check out The Mate He Never Wanted and I just started the sequel a couple weeks ago, The Mate He Always Wanted.

VOTE!

COMMENT!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

-Ashley