Chapter 8

The week flew by quickly, all kinds of fun activities filling up our day. We went rock climbing, zip lining, our dads created an obstacle course, we took the boats to the water park for a day, and we went tubing again. Today was the last day of our vacation and every year we did a scavenger hunt. "Were totally gonna cream everyone again," Sammy whispered in my ear and I nodded, barely understanding what she actually.

All you gotta do is fall behind a little and then run in the opposite direction, Conner said.

But what if she catches me! She's already determined to figure out what's going on between us!

Carlie, she's determined to win this like you two have the past four years! I don't think she'll give up her winning streak to find out where you've gone.

Fine. I still wasn't completely convinced that Sammy would stay focused on the task at hand but Conner and I barely spent alone time together in the past week. Sammy's been constantly glued to my side, watching Conner and I's interactions like a hawk.

"The first person to make it back to the front porch is the winner!" Taylor called out. All of us were out on the front lawn, waiting for the signal to head off. We all had a list with a hundred items on it and a bag big enough to fit the one hundred items. Taylor wouldn't be participating this year because Brinley was barely one, so she would be staying back and being the 'referee'. "Go!"

Sammy bolted, expecting that I would be right behind her. And I was. We ran into the woods and immediately I started to head a different direction then her. I could smell and hear Conner behind me and knew it would be a matter of minutes before I was pinned against a tree.

I slowed down and glanced at the list.

To win, you will need to find
-A pine cone (That will be easy)
-Bark from a tree
-Conifer needle 'leaf'
-Perfectly intact leaf

I stopped reading after that and looked around, trying to find some of it. I would glance down at random things on the list, walking slowly so Conner could catch up faster.

A couple minutes later, before I could even process what the hell was happening, my back was pinned against a tree and my arms were pinned above my head, and a pair of lips roughly pressed onto mine. I smiled as I hungrily kissed him back, sparks freely flowing through my veins. "I missed this," I muttered, maneuvering my legs around his waist and bringing my hands together behind his neck as his hands gripped my butt and picked me up.

"I did too. So fucking much," Conner moaned softly, pulling my closer to him. My simple white tank top was yanked over my head and discarded onto the ground, my triangle bikini on show. Conners lips traveled to my neck, planting rough butterfly kisses and they traveled down my chest. He was about to untie the back of my bikini, and I pushed him away, whimpering inside just as much as my wolf was.

"We're not gonna hook up in the middle of the woods where our entire family is out hunting for random shit," I whispered. "Even doing this is risky."

"Then let's go somewhere where they can't find us," Conner moaned, connecting his lips to my neck again. I let a soft moan escape my lips which only urged him to continue his assault on my neck.

"Conner, please, Sammy and I have won the past five years and I'm not about ready to lose that streak," I said, pushing him away gently. "I love you, and I promise you the second we get back we'll find somewhere and we'll spend the entire night together."

His lips pressed to mine again, encasing them in a fiercely passionate kiss. "I love you too," he smirked.

"I'll see you later," I smirked, kissing his lips one last time before escaping his grasp and running off to finish the scavenger hunt.

~~~~

Sammy and I made our way upstairs after dinner, sly smirks on both of our faces because we won again. The second the door was closed behind us, Sammy turned to me with a hurt look on her face. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked quietly.

"What?" I asked, completely lost.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Conner were hooking up?"

Oh.

That's what I didn't tell her.

"Sammy, neither of us told anyone. We found out we were mates on his birthday, and decided we wouldn't tell anyone because we went from wanting to murder each other to sleeping together in the time span of a couple seconds," I explained, hoping she would understand. She was my best friend and I'll be damned if I let this ruing our friendship.

"But you didn't even tell me, and I'm your best friend. Do you not trust me?" She asked, her voice cracking a little.

"Sammy, I trust you so much. More then I even trust myself. I didn't tell you because I thought you would hate me for being with your brother and I didn't want to lose your friendship," I told her, sitting down on the bed. She came and sat down next to me but avoided looking at me.

"I would never let go of our friendship because of something as silly as this. I'm so happy that you and Conner are mated. When I saw you two in the woods today, even though it will scar me for life, you both looked so in love with each other. Like you two had been together forever," Sammy said.

"I wish that I had saved myself for him. Instead I was stupid and had sex with three other guys before him," I said softly. Sammy leaned over and hugged me.

"Don't focus on the past because you can't change it. Conner had sex with other girls before you so technically you're even. Focus on what you have now, and the future. That's the only think that you can help," Sammy said.

"Thanks Sammy. I'm sorry I never told you and you had to find out like this," I said, pulling away from her.

"It's fine, I understand why you did what you did. Just promise me one thing," she said, a goofy smile forming on her face.

"What?" I asked, my mind already coming up with things she might say.

"Don't ever have sex with him while I'm in the house," she said.

"Too late."

She looked at me for a couple seconds before we both burst out into laughter, by being able to help ourselves. "Wait when?" She asked.

"When I slept over the other night," I answered, and we both burst out into laughter again.

By the way, Sammy knows about us, I mind linked Conner so he would have a heads up if Sammy ever cornered him.

How did she find out? He mind linked me back.

She saw us kissing in the woods earlier and asked me about it. There's really not much I could say to try and lie about it, I explained.

Alright. Can I come up?

"Conner wants to come up," I told Sammy, our laughter dying down a little. "Is that all right?"

"Go for it," she smiled, traces of laughter still in her voice.

I am so sorry about not updating, I've just had really awful writers block on all of my books and no motivation to write. I don't know when it will come back but until then just tough it out with me I guess.