twelve

Chapter status - not edited.

-

The week passed smoothly and I ignored every rude comment from my family. Mom has not stopped complaining about when I went out, and she kept going on about how wrong it was and I could have got hurt or even taken advantage of whilst I was intoxicated; if she only knew.

During the week i've found myself debating back and forth about where I should get a job. I am thinking maybe in a bakery or in some kind of shop downtown would be nice. That's the only ideas i have so far. I could ask my mom if she had contacts but she's still kind of pissed; I really have to talk to her or else she'll never let it go. She's overreacting, but that's just what she always does.

Just as I stepped out of the shower my phone rang. I quickly wrapped a towel around my body and answered the phone.

"Can you come over tonight?"

I immediately recognized Denise's sweet and pure voice. I heard someone laughing loudly in the backround and she chuckled.

"Yeah I guess, " I said, putting my phone on speaker and wrapping my wet hair up in a towel.

"Sydney and Zayn will be there too."

"Oh, okay that's alright. I've got to go now, mom has gone bonkers about when I went out, i need to talk to her."

"Okay, good luck."

"I'll be there." I said and we exchanged quick goodbyes and I got dressed.

"Mom?"

I called out for her but she didn't answer. Well, she didn't have to, because I immediately saw her as I walked downstairs. She was sitting at the dining table, reading the newspaper.

I have decided to keep calm no matter what she says. There's no need to yell back at her, it'll not help in any way, just make the whole 'thing' worse.

Her small, bright green eyes were locked on me as I pulled out a chair and sat down across from her.

Her slim lips were slightly parted and her permanent frown was more noticeable than ever. She put down the newspaper and folded it neatly on the table in front of her.

"Mother, I know you don't want me to go out to parties, but i'm eighteen at the moment, everyone my age does it. I'm not a little kid anymore. So please, just let it go, it's not a big deal. " I said calmly, tucking my damp hair behind my ear.

I think that's what hurts her the most; seeing her kid growing up and becocming a woman. She thinks i'll always be her little girl who follows every rule, but i'm not anymore. I am tired of living in this house with rules that isn't suitable for someone my age. I am eighteen, and I am an adult now.

"You're throwing your life away!" She yelled, slamming her small fist into the table.

"Mom, I went out to one party with my friends. I am not throwing my life away."

"You just want to have fun, get high, and be a hormonal teenager and have sex with a different guy every night? Am I right?"

I wanted to insult her so badly and tell her how she is overreacting and that I don't want to live here anymore. I want to get away and have my own life, but i'll save that for later.

"Maybe you are right. I actually do want to go out and have 'fun'! Excperiencing stuff, living and learning from my mistakes and not sit at home with my parents every friday night and watch some stupid reality show." felt so proud as I finsihed my speech, hoping she will get me.

I stood up from the table and mom stared at me. It looked like she was going to slit my throat any second.

"Fine, throw your life away and end up on the street, i'm not going to stop you." Wow, she's not letting it go. At least i have tried my best.

"If you're not going to let it go, i'll go upstairs and get ready, i'm staying at Denise's apartment tonight."

She opened her mouth to say something, but I headed upstairs before the rapid words passed her lips.

I hastily threw a pair of pajama shorts, a t-shirt and my toiletry bag into my bag, touched up my makeup and putted my hair up into a pony tail and walked out the door without saying goodbye to my mother.

-

I walked straight into Denise's big apartment without knocking - as i usually do - and put my bag down on the floor in the hall. Music as playing and I heard people talking.

I noticed Denise standing across the room leaning in over the kitchen counter talking to Zayn, it looked like they had a really nice time. I walked up to them and her clear blue eyes darted to me.

"Ella!" She said as she wrapped her strong yet small arms around my body, pulling me into her embrace.

"Hi," i smiled.

Voices from the living room caught my attention and I looked over to see Sydney sitting next to Mackenzie in the sofa, laughing. The other boys from the party surrounded them and I was relieved when I saw Niall wasn't there.

"You said it was supposed to be Zayn, Sydney, you and I here tonight."
I whispered and gave Denise a quick look.

"Yeah i forgot to mention they were coming as well. They won't bite you." She smirked and I laughed.

Maybe I should have wore something else than just a pair of plain black skinny jeans and a zip up sweater, but I guess it works. I did not come here to party.

Denise grabbed my arm and pushed me into the living room and I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Ella is here!" She smiled at everyone.

"Hi babe, nice to see you again." Harry said politely and crossed his legs. I dislike Harry calling me babe, but what am I supposed to do, tell him that he can't?

"Hey." I smiled and sat down next to Mackenzie.

"Hi, you okay?" She asked, clearly thinking about what happened at the party.

"I'm fine." I assured her and she smiled at me and patted me on my back.

I am not fine. That brunette is constantly on my mind, and he has scared the shit out of me since our little talk at the mall.

I'll come after you.

I'll find you.

I'll do horrible things to the people you love.
I mean it.

I'll do anything ruin your life.

The vodka bottles on the sofa table reminded me of his alcohol tasting mouth and I got goosebumps the second his hideous face popped into my mind.

"Would you like a beer?" Liam asked me and I took it.

Maybe be alcohol will get my mind of him.

Just as I took my first sip of my cold drink the smell of smoke filled my senses, and seconds later, a door slammed shut.

Sneakers slammed against the wooden floor and his tall silhouette appeared in front of me. I immediately noticed the tattoos on his arms and his familiar, clear blue eyes staring at me.

There he was, again.

_____________________________________________________

im not very happy with this chapter ( I don't know why .. ) but i feel like i have to update for you guys! i didn't proofread so please tell me if you notice any mistakes! xx

i need feedback on my work! please tell me what you think!

and by the way, i'll update when we reach 30 votes so if you want an update, vote!