Your Name... (#Multiply Throwback 2)

Your name.

Just a mere mention of your name makes all the memories come rushing back to me.

Memories of unending grace; a newfound freedom. A different kind of peace, complacence, a unique smugness.

These memories were once followed by happiness and an inexplicable harmony.

A paramount importance once accompanied these thoughts of you.

Reminders of a certain fact that I am special, that I am no different and that I am indeed loved.

But today, no trace of such things seem to linger anymore.

All that's left is this cold, bitter emotion, wrapped with hurt and longing.

Just a mere mention of your precious name concludes everything.

That despite every effort, despite every counter-thought, I'm still stuck and still unable to cope up.

Time's rushing fast, leaving me still picking up the pieces of my shattered dreams.

People are changing, moving on, but I'm still here at the exact spot where you left me, hoping to be found again.

Hoping to claim refuge in my rightful place.

In your arms, hearing the rapid pace of your heartbeat.

Filling myself with the warmth that had been drained from me.

And finally back to the serenity I only wish were here now.

Tuesday, July 18th, 2006