Chapter 8

The months passed with a lot of working out and getting my stamina up plus getting some information on wrestling terms and such. Though halfway through I had to move back to San Diego for my apprenticeship the college had helped me get. I had barely talked to any of my friends outside of my classmates and close friends, and barely had time to talk to Randy with our conflicting schedules.

    Though after this match I won’t have much to do anymore, because I won’t be training as much and I have really easy job.

    The day before my match came and I awoke to my phone ringing non stop, of course it had to be the one weenie that would be marrying my best friend in 2 months’ time. I decided to get up and eat before answering, why not let the suspense build.

    “Kaity, what took so long I’ve called you like a million times?”

    “Exactly why I didn’t answer it right away, now what do you want, Randy comes in sometime soon and I have to pick him up from the airport.”

    I got dressed as I listened to the guy on the other side of the phone.

    “Well, could you meet me at the coffee shop in Seaport Village before you go get him; I wanted to give you something I was hoping you could get signed.”

    “Wow you are a bigger weirdo than I thought Carlos, but yeah I’ll be there in like 5, leaving now hurry up.”

    We hung up and I saw Carlos waiting outside my favorite bookstore/coffee house in Seaport Village. I walked up and he handed me my iced caramel coffee, as I sat down. I took a long drink before looking up at him.

    “Kaity, you are the bestest person ever, so here is the thing I want signed.”

    Carlos handed me a poster of every star and then looked down embarrassed, I chuckled and pinched his cheek before taking another drink. I was just getting ready to fully make fun of him when my phone rang with Randy’s ring tone.

    “Hey, are you in already?” Wow he wasn’t supposed to get in for another hour from Chicago.

    “Yeah, uhmm how long will you be since you sound surprised I got in early.” He sounded suspicious but I let it slide.

    “I should be around 30 minutes going by traffic usually around this time. I’ll leave now, talk to you soon.” We hung up and as I said by to Carlos he brought something up.

    “Wow Kaity, what happened to saying ‘bye, love you’ after every conversation? Did my little Kaity grow up?” He went to pinch my cheek as we walked to my car and I slapped his hand before responding.

    “No, I haven’t,’ I stuck my tongue out at him to prove a point, ‘but we haven’t said it since that night on Raw. We are still early in the relationship I mean we aren’t even dating yet.”

    Carlos nodded his head agreeing with me before shutting my door for me as I turned my car on, I threw the poster in my back seat and pulled away on my way to go pick Randy up.

    Turns out traffic wouldn’t let me get there for 45 minutes so when I got to Randy, he seemed pretty lonerish and I couldn’t help but to laugh.

    I pulled up to the loading, parked, got out and ran over to give him a quick hug and grab his stuff. He was surprised about how short the hug was and it was evident on his face so as I shut the trunk I looked at him and told him I would explain in the car.

    We got into the car and I pulled out of the airport and into traffic before conversation started.

    “So why did you give me such a short hug?” you could tell he was a little saddened by the action he spoke of.