Prologue

Step inside. Let me take you on a journey to a place where a young six year old girl lives, Westlake, Ohio

Give me your hand. We'll teleport into her home. We will be in her bedroom and we will be able to see her but, she won't be able to see either of us as if we were ghosts.

The little girl smiles at her appearance in the mirror; long blonde hair, bright blue eyes with little specks of gold in them, and a short, skinny build. She thought that she was beautiful and that's also what her mommy would tell her.

"Mommy!" The little screams jumping up and down with excitement. She wasn't happy, she was overjoyed about her appearance. Silly right? Not when you're six years old and you don't get judged by society but, your parents do.

"What is it Brooklyn?" Her mother questions peeking her head around the white door frame.

Brooklyn pointed at the mirror and smiled, "I look like you. I'm beautiful."

This wasn't the first time Brooklyn had told her mom this in fact, it was the third or fourth time that day. "Yes, you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise because, they would just be lying to you," Brooklyn's mom stated.

She stared into the eyes of the overly confident little girl. She wo- Let me stop it right there. Let's go back to my office and discuss why I brought you here.

You were sent to my office because, you judged someone or called someone a sick name because, of this I will have to put in the life of someone else. This person has been bullied since the seventh grade because, she is different than what society wants her to be. You will be placed in the present life of that little girl, Brooklyn, the one you just saw. You will live in Brooklyn's life for two weeks.

You must act like Brooklyn would and in order for you to do that I will give you a file on her. It will include everything from her birthday to her personality. You will get her entire life story, her favorite bands, her favorite color etcetera.

I reach out and hand you a manila colored file folder and look you directly in the eyes.

I will now place you in the life of Brooklyn Black. I hope you learn a lesson in life during this, if not I will probably be seeing you in my office again. Good luck!

Copyright Makaela R. New All Rights Reserved 2013 ©