Chapter 2

I woke up on a bed that wasn't mine. White fluffy sheets surround me. I grabbed my head, it was pounding. I felt so hungry, my throat was dry and my gums ached. It felt like a great big hangover that made every slightest noise hurt my ears, and every bit of sunlight feel brighter and hotter.

I sat up to see an olden-day styled bedroom. It was simple, a bed, a library and an on suite, not much else. I got out of the bed, an all of the memories from after school filled my head. Damon. The blood. Snapping my neck.

Who was Katherine? Am I dead? I had so many questions.

I wondered out of the room, and through the antique house. I recognised it as the boarding house just off Miller lane. Suddenly a smell caught my attention. It smelt amazing. My impulse took over, leading me downstairs and through an old wooden door. I practically ran down the stairs and saw a big freezer sat in the corner of a dimly lit room.

The smell got all too much. I flung the freezer open, seeing tons and tons of stolen blood bags lay there, waiting for me to eat.

What was I thinking! This is crazy, why would I want to drink blood? I turned away and brushed my fingers through my hair. My heart was pounding, I could feel my pulse in my ears. The hunger took over and I rushed to the freezer, grabbed a blood bag and ripped off the top.

It seemed like I had blacked out, that there was a dark side of me that urged me to drink the blood. My impulse pushing me closer and closer to become what seemed like a psychopath. I ripped off the cap too quickly, causing the blood to drip onto my fingers. Everything seemed to be happening so quickly and before I could think, I put my fingers up to my mouth.

It tasted so good. I felt my eyes changing, my canines extending and everything became too much. I blocked out the pain of my teeth growing and the burning in my throat, only able to focus on the blood. I sunk my teeth into the bag, draining its contents and grabbing another bag.

After going through tons of bags I heard the front door of the house open.

"Corey?" A familiar voice sounded. I looked up to see Stefan staring at me, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"S-Stefan?" I muttered, tears spilling out of my eyes. It was like I had snapped out of a daze as I looked around where I was sitting on the cold, concrete floor. There was at least 13 empty blood bags scattered around.

I let out a breath of air as he came towards me, his arms open, prepared to comfort me. I cried softly onto his shoulder, wondering just what the hell happened to me.

Stefan bought me upstairs, carrying me bridal style. He seemed to pick me up with no effort at all, which I get he is muscly, but he made it seem like I was a feather. Why wasn't he scared that he walked in on me drinking blood? Why was the blood there in the first place? WHAT IS GOING ON!?

He lay me down on the sofa and sat next to me. He faced me, his expression showing concern, and took my hands in his.

"Do you know what happened to you, Corey?" Stefan asked, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb gently.

"This guy, he said his name was Damon." I started, "He called me Katherine and then he realised I wasn't her a-and he fed me his blood...then he killed me!"

I looked up at Stefan who had his head down and his grip tightened. "Damon is my brother, we are both Vampires, and he turned you into one..."

I gasped at Stefan's words, studying his beautiful face as more tears started to pour out of my eyes. He told me everything. Katherine turning them, the fire, the tomb, all about his past. He then told me everything about being a vampire. The blood, the sun, the vervain, compulsion, strength, speed, the hearing and the heightened emotions. Everything, right down to the bitter core of being sort of dead.