Chapter 4

Stefan drove me back home so I could compel Jenna to let me stay at the Salvatore's until I adapt, and grab some essentials. The car ride was awkward, mainly because he walked in on me nearly kissing his brother.

We pulled into the driveway when I suddenly realised, I don't know how to compel!

"How do I compel her?" I asked slowly.

"Just believe you can do it and you will be able to."

I nodded slowly and gave Stefan a weak smile before I headed into my house. I opened the front door with my keys and tried to put my foot through the door. It got stuck, as much as I tried I could not get in. I suddenly remembered, I needed to be invited in...

"Jenna..." I called, hoping she would invite me in.

"Corey?" Jenna called, rushing around the corner and to the door.

I just smiled guiltily at her, hoping she would forgive me for not coming home last night.

"Where were you!? I called you! Get inside and get ready for the third degree!" She yelled angrily, yet happy that I was okay, sort of.....

She grabbed my hand and pulled me through the threshold of the house. "I'm okay, Jenna, really"

"You can't just disappear, I try and not be strict on you, but when you don't come home like that I feel like I need to be!" Jenna yelled at me, a harsh look on her face.

I didn't really feel like being yelled at so I decided not to delay the inevitable anymore and just compel her.

"Jenna, listen, I am going to stay at the Salvatore's for a while and you are going to let me" I stared into her eyes, and she stared back, captivated.

"You are going to stay at the Salvatore's, make sure you pack a toothbrush." She said flatly, still staring at me.

"Thank you, Jenna!" I said cheerfully, making her snap out of the compulsion.

"See you later, stay in touch." She replied and went back into the kitchen. I listened carefully, nobody but Jenna was in the house, so I vamp sped up the stairs into my room.

I quickly packed some clothes, bathroom essentials, and everything else I needed for a sleepover with two Vampire brothers. I stuffed everything into a bag and rushed down stairs and out the door.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Elena sitting in the passenger's seat, giggling with Stefan. Everything boiled over, my over exaggerated emotions kicked in and got the best of me.

My whole life she has taken everything from me, friends, my parents, boyfriends, she has even used my intelligence to her advantage. I met Stefan first, I needed help and for once I needed to be the centre of attention because if I'm not, I might kill someone.

I growled, rage and jealously taking over. I extended my fangs and used my vampire speed to get to the car in half a second. I ripped off the passenger side door, revealing my anger face to a terrified Elena.

She screamed. I laughed at her, feeling no connection to her as my sister, as a friend or an 'innocent' human. All I saw was rage, and the need to rip into her throat.

"Corey, no!" Stefan yelled, getting out of his car and speeding over to me, trying to rip me off of her.

I grabbed Elena by the shoulders and ripped her out of the car as Stefan pulled me away. She went rolling across the driveway, covering her in scratches.

I growled, showing her my fangs, and I went to bite her but I was held back by Stefan.

"Let go of me!!" I screamed at him, breaking loose and punching him in the face with vampire strength. He stumbled slightly back, but it didn't do much.

I turned around to get Elena, but I felt two hands on either side of my head. Then there was a snapping noise and all I saw was black.