Chapter 4 - The werewolf bar

By the time Finley arrived at class she was late by ten minutes. She apologized to the teacher before quickly taking her seat. Kade was sitting a row in front of her, his long legs stretched out as he leaned on the back of his chair. He swung around to look at her, flashing one of his charming smiles. "How ya going this fine morning Finn?" He asked a little obnoxiously.

She pulled her book from her bag and slammed it down on the table angrily. She wasn't in the mood for his sarcasm. "I'm fine," she muttered. She glanced up at the board, where the teacher was busy writting algebra questions down. Finley had never liked maths but she was rather good at it. She scribbled down the questions quickly and answered them before glancing back up at Kade's stare. "What?" She questioned.

He glanced down at her notebook before shrugging, "Didn't realise you were good at Maths."
She raised an eyebrow at him wondering exactly where he was going with this. "And?"
He smirked amusement evident in his eyes, "And someone is a little mad this morning."

She rolled her eyes before looking back up at the front of the class. She could feel his eyes watching her and she wished he would just turn back around. Finally glared at him not able to keep her mouth shut any longer. "Seriously stop staring at me. Turn around!" She ordered.

He looked a little caught off guard by the harshness in her voice but he did as she asked and turned around. The rest of the maths lesson went relatively slowly and before she knew it they were heading off to the sports hall for fight training. Kade walked beside her in silence and when the class was asked to pair up he didn't move. Finley grabbed her brown curls and tied them up messily in a bun before turning to Kade. She didn't want to fight him especially not because he had that smug smirk on his face.

She took up her stance, brining her fists up to guard her face. She waited impatiently for him to follow and then the fight began. His movements were sloppy making it easy for her to take him down numerous times. She could see the frustration in his gaze as he got to his feet for the fifth time. Her anger from the morning was dying down and she was thoroughly enjoying beating him. "Okay what am I doing wrong?" He asked.

She smirked. "I'm just a better fighter than you," she teased.
"Come on Finn give me something to work with," he sighed deflating ever so slightly.

She said nothing for a moment before sighing. "Your stance is too wide, you're fists are too far apart and you step before you kick."

He remained silent for a moment looking a little dumfounded. "Oh... well how about you help me fix my technique and in return I'll take you to that werewolf tonight."

Finley glanced away not meeting his eyes, "Look Kade, you can't come with me anymore. I shouldn't have taken you the first time. It's not safe."

"You can't just order me not to go. I could just follow you if I wanted to. Look I want to find Arlin as much as you do. You need answers for your brother and I need answers for my mother. We can do this together," he argued.

She considered what he was saying knowing that Tate and Harley weren't going to help her. But if she went behind their backs she would only get into more trouble. "Fine, meet me at 9pm tonight at my house."

He smiled triumphantly before getting back into his fighting stance. She moved forward and shoved his shoulders hard pushing him off balance. He swore as he stumbled before glaring at her. "What the hell was that for?"

"I told you your stance was too wide. It makes it easy for someone to push you around. Bring your front foot forward a step closer to your back foot and lean into it," she said.

She watched as he rearranged his stance before meeting her gaze. "Like this?" She moved forward again and pushed him but this time he only swayed backward a little. She smiled pleased with herself, "Yep, see told you."
~