Chapter 6 - A Fairy's Tale

Finley smoothed out her blue skirt, the fabric moving under her fingertips. She was sitting in the lounge room waiting for Kade to finish getting ready. They were heading out for dinner at Luigi's to find the fairy who knew Scarlett.

She fumbled with her brown curls as she tied her hair up in a high ponytail. A few loose strands fell out in front of her face and she quickly tucked them back in place. She sensed movement in the doorway and glanced up expecting to see Kade standing there.
But it wasn't Kade.

Harley's kind face smiled, brightening her whole face up. She strolled in, the bright pink dress swaying as she walked. She sat down beside Finley, flicking her hair over her shoulder. "Hey Hun," she said, "You look nice."

Finley smirked before thanking her. "How's Tate doing?" She asked.

Harley's blue eyes lightened at the mention of his name. "He's fine. Just tired. But he's ready to go back out and fight."

Finley chuckled, "Of course he is."
Harley smiled in agreement. "Yeah but I'm forcing him to stay in bed and rest."

Finley could imagine Tate's protests but if there was one person that he would listen to it was Harley. "What about you? How's your search going?"  Harley questioned.

Finley sighed deflating, "Honestly not very good. I feel like we're going in circles. No one seems to know where to find Arlin. We're just getting sent to different people."

"That's frustrating," Harley murmured, "But maybe it's for the best."

"What do you mean?" Finley questioned raising an eyebrow.

Harley sighed, "I just mean that if he's this hard to find maybe there's a reason for it. He sounds dangerous Finley."

Finley knew that Harley was just worried about her but she couldn't help but feel frustrated. She wanted and needed to find out the truth. "I'm not going to stop Harley, not until I get my answers."

Harley looked a little disappointed at her answer but she didn't say anything more about it. Before she could say anything else, Kade arrived in the doorway. "Ready to go?" He asked.

Finley nodded standing up and heading towards the door. She'd only taken a few steps before Harley grabbed her arm. She met her eyes frowning in confusion.

"Just be careful okay?" Harley asked softly.
Finley nodded, "I will, I promise."

Reluctantly, Harley released her arm. Finley flashed a smile in her direction before spinning on her heel and heading out of the room with Kade. They headed outside to where Kade's motorcycle was waiting. They'd gone back to get it and fixed the tire so that it was ready to go.

Finley watched as Kade's smirk widened at the sight of the cycle. "Hallo beautiful," he muttered before stroking the bike.
Finley raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged. "What?"

She shook her head, "Nothing." They got onto the bike and started driving towards the restaurant. Finley's arms were wrapped around his waist as they drove and she was trying very hard not to scream when they sped around the corners. She'd never been a big fan of motorbikes but Kade seemed to be a pretty good driver.

The wind whipped through her hair and she was grateful that she'd tied her hair up. The roar of the engine rumbled loudly, vibrating through her chest. They flew around a corner and she let out a small gasp and clutched Kade's waist more tightly. She felt him laugh before his voice yelled over the loud engine. "What's wrong sweetheart? Scared?"

She didn't bother answering him. She didn't want to admit that she was a little scared. The idea of flying off the back of the cycle wasn't a pleasant thought and she just prayed that they made it in one piece.