The greatest sacrafice

Pov Hermione Granger

A flash of green light. It is astonishing to think that in our world that is all it takes to end someones life. We were in full battle when I was finally using curses that might actually harm someone. I was fighting Death Eaters left and right when Ron and I finally made it out of the Chamber of Secrets. I was watching out for any straglers when I saw Fred fighting one of the horrible people. When I heard the words I thought he was gone. A single tear went down my cheek. I then saw Ron. He was always trying to prove himself and move out of Harry's shadow. He knew what was going to happen. It was almost as if it happened in slow motion. He quickly pushed Fred out of the way and was struck with the curse of death. Fred fell to the ground and was knocked out. I watched Ron fall to the ground with a horrible scream and then silence. Then the only scream I heard was comming from myself. I ran as fast as I could over to his side. "I love you" I managed to whisper through the sobs. It was barely noticeable but he slowly nodded as a single tear slipped down his face. He then slowly closed his eyes and saw his breathing go from slow to gone. Then Ron was put on a stretcher and taken to the Great Hall. There Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were called in with the rest of the Weasleys. Mrs. Weasley was the worst to watch. I could not imagine what it was like to raise a child and then have them ripped out of your life. I walked over to a bench and started to sob. I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I imedelatly felt the person next to me start shaking from them sobbing as well. When I looked up I saw Fred. His eyes were puffy and his cheeks were glistening from his tears. He had a cut on his head and it was slightly bleeding. When he saw me looking at him he wiped his tears away and then pulled me closer as the sobs continued to escape my mouth. Slowly the sobs stopped and all I felt was pure sadness. Once Fred had noticed that I had stopped crying he unwrapped his arm from my shoulder he walked over to comfort George. They stood there a long time not saying anything but just staring at their brothers body. They both slowly walked towards where Ron lay and when they finally were only inches from stepping on him they both said "We really love you Ronniekins." They then both went over to their mother and gave her a hug which caused a weasley group hug. Once all of them had let go of each other Mrs. Weasley walked over to me and gave me a bone-crushing hug. When we let go her cheeks were soaking wet.

*Time skip to after they defeated Voldermort

As I am walking around the castle I decide to head to the Gryffindor common room. As I walk in I notice that most of the portraits are ripped to shreds. When I finally reach he door I notice the Fat Lady looks worse than me. The usual fruit in her hair is all on the floor around her. Her neat hair is a ratted mess and her clothes are covered with soot. I politely tell her the password and the door then swings open. As I walk into the commonroom I notice it is compleatly unaffected by everything that has occured the previous evening. As I am walking to the couch I notice someone lying on the ground. I slowly walk over to it but then notice the red hair and see it is Fred. I slowly wake him up and walk him over to the couch. I lay him down on it so he is more comfortable. He is half asleep and he is jabbering about how he needs new tires for the car he doesn't have. I grab a blanket off of the table and cover him up. As I turn around to walk away he starts to say something. "He really did love you" "I know." He grabs me by my waist and pulls me next to him. I try to wiggle free but he won't let go. I give up and decide to wait until he falls asleep. When I wake up I feel arms around me and I naturally snuggle up to the person who is holding me. When I open my  eyes I see Fred Laying next to me. His hair is messy and it looks good on him. "Thanks I will do it like this more often." "What?" "You said it out loud." "Oh." When I try to untangle myself from Fred I fall off the couch but I get up and start to leave. "Where are you going?" "To go see if I can do anything to help." "Okay I will come too." As we are walking we don't talk but the silence is comforting. One thing I don't understand is how can someone be so full of energy when they have had less than six hours of sleep. "Hey Fred?" "Yeah?" "How do deal with it?" "Well I just try not to think about it so as long as I don't linger on that it doesn't affect me." Well I guess that if you don't think about the problem it doesn't bother you." When we finally arrived at the great hall we saw The Weasley's, Harry Neville, and Seameous. By the look on Harrys face he has no idea whats happened. As soon as he saw me he waved me over. "Hermione, wheres Ron?" "Harry I have to  tell you something." "Okay." Ron is gone. He was Killed by a death eater." The next thing I know I am being suffocated by a tight hug and Harry was sobbing into my shoulder. I know he blames himself but even Merlin couldn't have saved him. While Harry and I were hugging I saw Fred staring at Harry and I but he almost looked jealous.