Better

Hermione POV
As I gathered supplies to help Draco I tried to calm my nerves. He had just told me his deepest secret and I have no idea what to say. Imagining what he went through for years sends a chill down my spine. As I grab my wand and the heap of items I head back to the lounge. When I arrive his eyes are focused on the fire until I sit next to him. As I place the items on the table my eyes find his. They watch my every movement as the needed objects are arranged. When I look back to him I see his pale hands once again reach for the buttons on his shirt. As they slowly come undone I see only flashes of skin. Finally the last one opened and his movement ceased. As the fabric slipped off his shoulders and pooled around his waist I took in a sharp breath. In every sense of the word he was utterly beautiful. His porcelain skin was smooth accept for the scars that scattered his torso. As he tensed under my stare I could see the large jagged marks shift on his skin. While some are from years ago and healed, others are so deep they look days old. I quickly realize that something must have prolonged his suffering if these are months old.
"Draco you said it had been several months. Why are these still fresh? At this point they should be almost closed." I state while my eyes scan over his pale chest.
"My father thought that a punishment should last. He would use spells that caused the wounds to heal at a slower rate than they normally would." He responds while searching for a reaction.
"How have you been able to live like this? Hasn't it been a constant pain since these were inflicted?" I ask just above a whisper.
"Although they still hurt you learn to block it out. I wasn't allowed to use bandages to help it heal so I adjusted to ignoring the pain." He stated while looking at his marks. I could see him shift uncomfortably under my gaze so I put my attention on my needed tools. As I prepared the plants and grabbed pre- made potions my hand hesitated before him.
"Draco is this okay?" I ask as my hand hovers over his skin. He nods his approval and I start applying a wound cleaner to abrasions on his shoulder. As my fingers swipe the cotton ball across his skin he watches my every movement. I try to focus on the task at hand but I see them heading lower. My eyes drift down to the marks on his chest and lower stomach. I can't help the redness I feel on my face and ears as he catches me staring. When my eyes meet his I shift my gaze back to his shoulder. Once the wounds there seem clean I slowly move my hand to his chest. As I swipe across the wounds his hair falls in front of his eyes as he asses my movements. Once I finish cleaning all the injuries on his front I ask him to lay on his stomach. I kneel next to the couch and place my hand on his back while the potion cleans his wounds. My other hand strokes slow circles on his shoulder. After I finish that I ask him to sit up again and face me. Once he does that my hands prepare the next concoction needed. I take more cotton pads and pour a healing potion on them that should also numb the lacerations. As I dab on the solution I see his head too back as he lets out a soft groan of relief. My breath hitches in my throat as the sound is stored away in my mind. No I should not be thinking about things like that at a time like this. He has been through so much and I should not take advantage of the state he is in.
Draco POV
I realize the sound that has left me and blush deeply. Luckily it is dark in here so I don't think she noticed. To be honest I have felt my cheeks flush the entire time while her hands move over my chest and back. I feel awful for feeling this way because she is just trying to help me but I cannot help myself.
"So since you have seen almost all of mine do you have any scars? Crooshanks ever get really angry with you?"I laugh quietly.
"I do have this atrocious scar on my thigh where she was on my lap and got startled" she says while slightly raising her skirt to show me. My eyes go extremely wide as her fingers raise the material. She stops at the base of her thighs and I will my eyes to focus on the thin line. She realizes her mistake and pushes the material down with a embarrassed laugh.
"Uhm well now you've seen my hideous scar" she exclaims as I drag my eyes back to her face.
"Well the only embarrassing scar I have is from when I first rode a broom and I can't really show you" I say while bashfully looking away.
My eyes focus on different things around the room as she tilts her head perplexed.
"What why? Is it somewhere you can't see?" She questions while her eyes scan my figure.
"Well no it's just the location is a peculiar place." I state while my eyes crept to my lap.
"Oh..... I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked" she quickly turns back to her bottles to sort them while her face flushes. I realize my mistake too late.
"Oh Merlin no it's not down there! I'll just show you"I quickly exclaimed.
I stood up from the couch and unbutton my pants.
"Draco really it's okay-" she starts to object when I cut her off.
"Trust me I won't show you anything just hold on" I pull down the hem of my pants just enough to see a small line across my left hip bone. As I look up I realize how exposed I am and see a bright pink Hermione holding her breath. I quickly button my pants and sit back down. She breaks the uncomfortable silence after a few seconds.
"I honestly think scars are attractive"she admits while scanning for any more marks.
"You think scars are hot?" I ask as my voice raises an octave.
"Oh Merlin-" her wide eyes shoot up to meet mine.
"I meant it as I find there strength incredible. The amount a person has gone through is shown in these marks and their ability to rise above is remarkable" she says while searching my face.
"I agree" I state as I trace the letters on her arm.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Hey guys. Ik it's been a little bit but since self quarantine is a thing I am going to try and update more. Thank you to the people who are still reading even with this plot twist.