Patient

Fred POV:
After everyone finishes breakfast we all packed up and headed back to the Burrow. I head over to Hermione before anyone else can. "Hey Mione, I was wondering if we could go on a walk outside? To talk?" She senses the nervousness in my voice because she quickly responds. "Sure. Is everything alright?" I respond and tell her everything is fine but I want to talk about something. As we head outside she turns to me and I nearly loose my breath. When the sun reflects against her eyes they look like golden ambers. When she asks if I'm okay I can barley stutter out a response. "O-oh everything's f-fine. Just allergies acting up"🤦‍♂️. As we continue walking towards the pond I'm trying to figure out whether or not I have the courage to say what's on my mind. I guess I'm about to find out as we sit on the stone bench. "Hermione?" "Yes?" "I have something really important to say." I can tell she's starting to get nervous because she starts chewing on her bottom lip. "I know you miss Ron. I miss him everyday. Whether it's him taking the last chicken leg at dinner or always having my back. He was my favorite brother besides George. And the only reason he was second is because I see us as the same person" I say with a little chuckle. "I can never forget what he did for me that day and I never want to. He will forever be in my heart but I can't help how I feel. I have liked you for the longest time Hermione Jean Granger. I finally realized my feelings in my sixth year. Although later I understood that they started long before that. And I wasn't a prat who realized I liked you when I saw you at the Yule Ball. I liked you before that when you told George and I how our potion wouldn't work as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I had always thought you were beautiful but that was when I started to notice the small things. Like how your favorite spot to read was on the comfy chair in the common room next to the fire with Crookshanks on your lap. Especially since madam Pince stopped letting her come in with you after she tore up a book. Or how in your third year you always had a time turner hidden under your sweater for more classes. One of the scariest moments of my life was when you were petrified. I didn't know then why I was so worried about it. I just assumed that I felt bad for Ron. I couldn't realize why when you were unfrozen it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my chest." I stoped for a moment to turn to her. She had tears in her eyes, though it was hard to tell if it was from remembering the scariest moment of my life or how she couldn't move for two months. Before I lost my courage I had to finish my confession. I turned and took her hand to comfort her. "Hermione, when you were kidnapped I thought I would never see you again. I think that's when I realized I had to tell you how I feel. When Malfoy came to the Burrow I was worried you two were together. I now realize that's not the case but I want you to know something. My goal in life is to make you happy. If that means supporting a relationship that isn't with me then so be it. As long as we can still be friends or hopefully more than that after this. Now I know I've said a lot but I have one more thing to say. Hermione, I think....no, I know now that I am in love with you.