Unspoken Words

Hermione POV
How does someone begin to explain despair? The only thought that comes to mind is Fred's eyes. The way the spark went out when he realized he wouldn't get the answer he wanted. How I saw the tears start to pool at his waterline. Or how I saw his shoulders shrink to fit his current confidence. How his bottom lip slightly trembled. I knew I couldn't take anymore when I noticed he was still smiling. Although he knows how this will end some small part of him is still hoping. When I couldn't handle it anymore I stood, brushed off my pants, and walked back to the burrow alone.
"Oi Hermione where's Fred?"
Oh god no.
"Um I think he's still in the garden George" I respond while trying to avoid eye contact. I can't let him see me cry. Not now. Just a few more seconds until I can get to my room and pack my things. I can go stay at Grimuald place for a while since it's not safe at home. I can't stay here anymore. As I brush past him I hurry up the stairs and to my room. I throw everything into my trunk and rush back down the stairs. Before I can get out the door and to the apparition point I am stopped by Mrs. Weasley.
"Wear where are you going? And with your things? I thought you were staying with us for a while?" She asks all at once.
"Oh I couldn't possible intrude any longer. Thank you for your hospitality but I really must be going" I respond while trying to get to the door.
"But where will you stay? It's not safe at your house." Mrs. Weasley says while rushing after me.
"I will go stay at Grimmauld Place until I find an apartment. Thank you so much for letting me stay but I have to leave." I respond as I continue towards the door.
"Surely it's not safe to go by yourself. Maybe you should take Fred with you?" She says with a slight smile.
"No it's perfectly safe. But if you insist I take someone with me I will take Malf- I mean Draco. DRACO PLEASE COME DOWN HERE WITH YOUR THINGS!" I yell up the stairs. After a few seconds I see him running down the stairs with his trunk.
"What's wrong where are we going?" He worriedly scans over me to make sure I'm okay.
"Nothings wrong. I am going to stay at Grimmauld Place and Molly thought I should take someone with me." His eyes search mine in a silent question. I know he suspects something but he is too polite to ask at least for now. As we walk out the door I see Fred trudging towards the house. As he gets closer I see his glistening cheeks and bloodshot eyes. When he looks up and sees me with my case and Draco beside me his expression changes. His brow furrows together and his lips turn down even more.
"Hermione can we please talk for a minu- wait. Where are you two going?" He asks with a slight snip in his tone.
"We are going to Grimmauld Place. I have been taking advantage of your family's hospitality and we can't stay anymore. Excuse us Fred." I say as I pull Draco along before he can make a snarky remark. Once we make it to the
apparition point Draco gently takes my hand. "Are you sure your ready to leave? Obviously something triggered our sudden departure and I'm not sure that you should leave in this state" he asks while rubbing soothing circles on my hand. Obviously I haven't been holding myself together as well as I thought.
"I promise I will explain when we arrive but right now I really need to leave" I reply while tightening my grip on my trunk.
"Alright then." He pulls me closer to him and I feel the air around us start to whip around.