chapter seven

Harry Styles

"Hey. I should give you my number." Zayn mutters from beside me and I look up at him with wide eyes, blinking slowly at the older boy before turning away and staring down at my hands. I don't know why, but my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"Y-Yeah. Okay." I mumble, pulling my iPhone out of my pocket and handing it to him.

"You don't have a pass code?" Zayn asks, disbelief clear in his tone as he unlocks my phone and goes to my messages.

"There's nothing I want to hide on it, so I don't see a point." I explain defensively, pouting when he smirks at me.

"No nude pictures or anything?" He asks with a laugh.

I blush fiercely and smack his shoulder. "Of course not! I'm-" I cut myself off, biting my lip harshly. I almost told him that I was underage and then he would know that I lied about being in college.

"You're what?"

"I'm... not the type to take nude pictures." I mumble slowly, trying to cover up my slip.

"Mr. goody two shoes." He just smiles before handing me my phone back. I look down and see that he sent himself a message saying:

hey sexy xx.

"You're so lame." I giggle softly and look up at him, meeting his deep chocolate brown eyes.

"And sexy." He smiles back.

"Zayn? Harry?" I hear Carmen's voice from behind me and I turn around, looking up at my two so-called friends. I'm still upset with them, but Zayn, surprisingly, has calmed me down.

"What's up, Carmen?" Zayn smirks, taking a sip of his beer before standing up, brushing off the back of his black skinny jeans and running his fingers through his silky black hair. I never noticed how long it actually was until just now as it falls into his handsome face.

"What are you doing with Harry?" Carmen asks accusingly, narrowing her dark brown eyes into thin slits.

"Nothing, at the moment. We're just talking, Car. No need to be jealous." Zayn chuckles, leaning against the patio table. I look between the two of them with my eyebrows knitted together. Why is there so much tension between them?

"I'm not jealous." Carmen practically spits, crossing her arms over her chest. I notice her cleavage push together, but I decide to ignore it.

"Sure, babe." Zayn smirks.

"Don't call me that." Carmen hisses and I stand up, holding my hand up to her.

"Hey, it's okay. Zayn's nice." I murmur. I don't know why I feel the need to defend him, he can probably defend himself very well on his own.

"Don't defend him. He's a fuck boy and he only cares about himself." Carmen shakes her head before turning her gaze to me. "Come on, Harry. Amy went to go grab her sweatshirt out of the bathroom. We're gonna go home."

"Are you sure?" I ask, although I'm very happy we're leaving. I couldn't stand this party and I was already exhausted. I just wanted to curl up in the back seat and fall asleep.

"Yup. Come on." She says before turning around and walking into the kitchen. I turn to look at Zayn and flush as I see him staring back at me.

"So... I'll text you later?" Zayn asks, raising a dark, bushy brow. I nod slowly, nibbling on my bottom lip nervously.

"Yeah. I'm probably gonna fall asleep in the car though." I warn him, fiddling with the over-sized sleeves of Zayn's sweatshirt.

"That's okay. I'm gonna be pretty busy cleaning up the party." He offers me a warm smile. "By the way. You can just keep the sweatshirt. It looks good on you." He smirks.

"T-Thanks." I whisper, silently cursing myself for the way my voice stutters. My heart is racing wildly in my chest.

"I'll see you 'round, Harry." Zayn hums before walking inside.

I take a few seconds to regain myself before walking inside as well and finding Carmen standing in the doorway. She shoots one last glare at Zayn before grabbing my hand and leading me to the front door where Amy is waiting with her sweatshirt in her hands.

"This was a bust." Amy pouts as all three of us walk outside. I take a deep breath, nodding in agreement.

"Completely. You're never convincing me to come back to another college party." I mutter. I'm exhausted, but I'm no longer angry with Amy for leaving me alone earlier.

"Really? You and Zayn sure seem to be hitting it off." Carmen grits and I roll my eyes at her attitude.

"What's your problem?" I snap, crossing my arms as she stops walking and turns to look at me.

"My problem is that I told you to stay away from him and you ignored me!" She growls, crossing her arms as well.

"That's ridiculous! I wasn't flirting with Zayn, and you would know that if you'd take your head out of your ass." I huff in annoyance, pushing past her and walking towards her car.

"You were flirting, and I'm telling you that he's bad news, Harry. Don't say I didn't warn you." She mumbles before shaking her head and walking around to the driver's side.

I turn to look at Amy. "You can sit in the front." I say before opening the back door and getting in, closing it behind me.

My head is already starting to hurt and I'm super annoyed at Carmen right now. I can't wait to go to sleep.