chapter twenty

I would warn you that this chapter is unedited, but so are most of the chapters to be honest.

Also, who is surprised that I actually kept my promise and updated on Wednesday?!

Zayn Malik

"You are whipped, mate." Louis chuckles, taking a drag of his cigarette as he watches me scramble around my room, trying to find something decent that I can put on quickly and be out the door. Harry only gave me forty minutes to get to Starbucks in Montgomeryville. It usually takes an hour, however Louis' car can absolutely get me there in the time I'm allowed.

"Shut up, Louis. You'd literally do anything for a nice piece of ass." I snap, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Whatever. You're not even getting ass and you're still driving an hour to meet up with this kid. Who, by the way, is like...probably underage." Louis adds skeptically, making me groan.

"It's not like anything is going to happen between us anyway. He's made it pretty clear that he wants me to ask out Carmen." I explain as I rip my shirt off, pulling on a gray supreme sweatshirt, topping it with a dark green parka. My black ripped jeans are fine with this, so I don't have to change those.

"Aren't they both the same age?" Louis asks, raising an eyebrow as he flicks the end of his cigarette into my ash tray.

"Whatever, Louis! I don't have time for your shit." I grumble, grabbing my phone before walking toward the door.

"Hold down the fort while I'm gone. Make sure Luke is okay. Cold turkey has been hard for him." I say, glancing back to see Louis nodding sympathetically.

"Alright, I will. Take care of my baby, okay? If she gets wrecked, I'll rip your dick off." Louis warns, making me tense slightly because I know he isn't joking. His car is worth more than my entire life.

"I'll take good care of her. Thanks for letting me use her." I smile before racing downstairs and out of the house, letting the door slam shut behind me. I jog down the sidewalk until I reach the parking garage, making my way inside to get Louis' car. It's already 7:56 and traffic looks bad.

Shit. I might not make it on time.

Harry Styles

"Hi. Can I have the unicorn drink?" I ask hopefully, smiling brightly at the older barista.

She just gives me a sympathetic smile, "Sorry. We ran out of that yesterday." She says, making my heart sink into my stomach.

All I want is one fucking taste of this god damn drink and nobody fucking has it!

(This is an internal rant of my personal experience trying to find this god damn drink.)

I sigh heavily, looking down at my hands.

"You can get our other specialty drink. It's called the mermaid-"

"Thanks, but no thanks. I've already had it." I groan, shaking my head and glancing up at her.

"Okay. Can I offer you anything else?" She asks, giving me a tight-lipped smile.

"No, thanks anyway." I mumble, turning around and walking away.

I look down at my Daniel Wellington watch, seeing that it was 8:19 and Zayn was probably going to be here soon. I don't even want Starbucks anymore, so I decide to text him and tell him to forget about meeting.

8:20 am
To Zayn: They don't have the unicorn drink so I'm just going to go home.

After I'm done, I slide my phone into my pocket before grabbing my keys and walking towards my silver 2016 Ford Escape. My mother got it for me last year for my birthday, and I absolutely love it. (I named her Betsy because I thought it was cute.)

The only reason I don't drive it to school is because I couldn't get a parking spot in time, so Carmen offered to drive me. Speaking of Carmen... I wonder if Zayn is actually going to ask her out. A part of me wants to take it back, because I don't think I can stand the sight of Carmen and Zayn together without throwing up.

However, the other part of me wants to see my friend happy, no matter how much shit goes down between us.

Just as I'm about to get into my car, my phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out, seeing a text from Zayn.

8:23 am
From Zayn: Is that all you wanted?

8:24 am
To Zayn: Yeah and they don't have it. So just forget about it and go home.

After sending that text, I climb inside of Betsy and close the door, placing my phone into holder before buckling my seat belt. I hear a buzz and groan heavily, rolling my eyes as I unlock my phone and look at the message.

8:25 am
From Zayn: No. You promised to talk with me if I got there at 8:30.

8:26 am
To Zayn: 8:30 is rapidly approaching if you haven't noticed.

8:27 am
From Zayn: Just stay there. You owe me that much.

8:28 am
To Zayn: I don't owe you anything...

8:28 am
To Zayn: But fine. You have two minutes and then I'm leaving.

I sit back and look out of the slightly tinted windows, raising my eyebrows as I see cars driving by, but nobody turning into the Starbucks parking lot.

I watch the clock turn to 8:29 in the blink of an eye. I give it a few more seconds and look around one last time before shaking my head.

Of course he's not showing up. He probably just did this so he could see if I would sit around and wait for his ass like the pathetic loser I am.

I don't even know why I'm waiting. Zayn is going to ask Carmen out and that's going to be the end of whatever was going on between us. Oh, who am I kidding. There was nothing ever going on between us, and there never would be. That kiss was a one time thing. A spur of the moment blur.

I watch the clock turn to 8:30 and lick my lips before putting the key in the ignition and starting Betsy up. I put her in reverse and start to back up when I hear the awful sound of tires screeching and an expensive looking car easing its way into the parking lot.

When I look into my rear view mirror, I see Zayn through the windshield driving straight towards my car.

yeet