chapter nineteen

Harry Styles

After that draining conversation with Zayn, I decided I wasn't really in the mood for school or to face Carmen. I decide to text my mom and tell her I wasn't feeling well so I could get out of school. She normally wasn't happy about me missing school, but she always gave in anyway.

And honestly, I just couldn't deal with all the drama, and I especially couldn't face Carmen if Zayn actually followed through and asked her out. I don't know why, but I feel like I would have a nervous melt down if Carmen told me she was going out with Zayn. Especially after the way he kissed me this afternoon. Well, yesterday afternoon.

I sigh heavily and turn off all of the lights downstairs, making sure the all the doors are locked as well before making my way to my bedroom. I close the door behind me and slide my shoes off before climbing into bed and placing my phone on the nightstand. I just want a peaceful, good night's sleep.

~

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing on my nightstand. I groan and roll over, burying my face into my pillow and hoping the sound will go away.

Eventually it does and I relish in the silence, trying to fall back asleep.

Just as I am beginning to drift off again, my phone begins to buzz and slam my hand down against the mattress angrily, flailing my limbs about. I hate people so fucking much.

I sigh heavily and push myself up, grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

"What the fuck do you want?" I groan, turning my phone on. I see a bunch of text from different people, asking me where I am at and if I am coming in today.

5:56 am
From Mom: I called the school and told them you weren't feeling well. I'll bring back some medicine on my way from work. I should be home around 12.

6:36 am
From Carmen: Are you coming? We're outside.

6:40 am
From Amelia: I'm guessing you're still sleeping, so we're leaving because we can't be late. Text us when you wake up.

7:04 am
From Nick: Hey, where u @

I yawn loudly and turn off my phone, tossing it back onto the nightstand. I don't feel like talking to anyone or explaining myself. I feel bad for ignoring Nick of all people, but I'm just not in the mood to talk to him.

I finally climb out of bed and walk into my bathroom, brushing my teeth and peeing before tying my hair back into a bun behind my head. I decide to take a quick shower without washing my hair because it's only the first day after I washed it and it's still relatively clean.

After standing in the shower for way too long, just letting the water pour over me, I get out, wrapping the towel around my body before checking the time on my phone. It's 7:34, which means I can drive to Starbucks and be one of the first people there when they open.

I've been wanting to try their new unicorn drink, but every time I go they are sold out. However, since I am off school and have no work to make up, I can spend the day hunting for the drink.

As soon as I was ready to walk into my bedroom to find something to wear, I hear my phone ding again and groan, turning around to grab it off the counter and unlock it.